Goin to Oakland, any beaches worth checkin out?

funkapotamus

Feb 25, 2012
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to run to Oakland,CA in the morning or sunday morning. Just lookin on google maps for a place to go. I have a few spots in mind, but I would like to hunt a beach if there are any in the area. Doesn't look like there is a whole lot in Oakland. Are any of them off limits I guess is my main concern. If anyone wants to meet up and go hunting that be cool to. My brother(BK Relic Hunter) and I have only been detecting for a couple months so it be cool to go out with some of you old pros.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oakland. Oakland where ? What state are you in? Do you realize how many Oaklands there are some states have multiple Oaklands

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH, lol, I wish I was out there I would go for sure, there be gold in them thar hills

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Oakland CA? Well then if I was you, and you were referring to THIS Sunday AM (as in ..... today), then get your b*tt over to the beach. Because there's a serious swell coming through this morning. By the afternoon low tide time, it might reveal some good erosion. Hmmm, half-moon bay may be the closest beach to you. Some SF beaches are maybe closer to Oakland, but ....... not sure which ones you can hit.

I'm about an hour south of all those and will be trying ours today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread