Just checked "real american Diggers" on youtube...

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My observation: I just viewed "Real American Diggers" on youtube.
I found this is a waste of time! OMG!
The full name is "real american diggers gold prospecting high tech drifters". "Paydirt & Pistolsmoke series".
I was drawn in by the name which had a promising sound to it and found a guy "Eddie El Del Rio & Tumbleweed Todd (Whom was not shown, possibly the camera man.)
After a whole lot of rambling with sloppy dialog about nothing which the show was more about his solo drama-acting with already known history. My next question: How many swigs of hooch did Mr. Del Rio suck up to be so inebriated. This was to be a Ch. 2 "Paydirt & Pistolsmoke TV series?
I guess you'd have to be drunk to watch this simple minded show. It's B R U T A L.

Upvote 0

kai_gold

Jun 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Use: Gold Bug 2, Gold Bug Pro, F5, Compadre

Previously Used: Etrac, Explorer, G2, Lobo ST, Ace 250, Ace 350, MXT, Goldmaster 4/b, Gold Stinger, GTAx 550, Sovereign, Golden Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this what you are talking about?
Not sure, but I think they are doing this to mock the recent reality shows. A parody? Hopefully.

OP
OP
goldentruth

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is this what you are talking about?
Not sure, but I think they are doing this to mock the recent reality shows. A parody? Hopefully.

The one I saw onyoutube has a dude who jabbers like he is drunk saying he is on the American River East fork where gold was first found by Sutters Mill, then he takes you to a Chinese store and starts going thru a drama scene like a lost drunk. If you check youtube you will find it. It is like watching paint dry! a total waste of time. (Mabey the people who are trying to ban highbankers and rafts on California rivers & streams because of the montain yellow-leg frog might see this video and think we are harmless to the ecology and drop trying to ban us,lol)

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
r u serious ??? holy cow, lmao kgunn

downrigger47

Greenie
Apr 1, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
ACE250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was the worse thing I have seen in a long time. A couple of drunks and who knows what else they were doin.Parady or not that was embarrasing!!

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
These clowns are going to give all metal dectorists a bad name and force a lot of sites to be closed because of their antics. My detecting experiences tend to run for many uneventful hours at a time, with little in the way of drama - most people would never pay any attention to me when I am hunting (which is really the way you want to present yourself).

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
have you rented a bob cat yet to help dig neighbors yard?

Vince in So.Cal

Mar 25, 2012
Torrance California
Detector(s) used
Older model Tesoro B2 UMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
goldentruth: Im not commenting on the 'digger' videos ANY 'digger' video at this point. What I am commenting about is later in your post you mentioned the 'mountain yellow-leg frog' closing down another nice area. In my case it was a place called 'Blue Point'. The 'point' is located about 11 miles north of lake piru, (close to fillmore calif off the 126), anyway, the 'point' was an awesome place. 13 years ago it fell to the 'California Aroyo Toad' the area is still closed. I just cant imagine that the stupid toad hasent repoduced into the trillions by now.. good luck with the yellow - leg frog nightmare.

OP
OP
goldentruth

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
goldentruth: Im not commenting on the 'digger' videos ANY 'digger' video at this point. What I am commenting about is later in your post you mentioned the 'mountain yellow-leg frog' closing down another nice area. In my case it was a place called 'Blue Point'. The 'point' is located about 11 miles north of lake piru, (close to fillmore calif off the 126), anyway, the 'point' was an awesome place. 13 years ago it fell to the 'California Aroyo Toad' the area is still closed. I just cant imagine that the stupid toad hasent repoduced into the trillions by now.. good luck with the yellow - leg frog nightmare.
THANK YOU for the reply. I had seen the original post as somebodys allert about the ban on highbankers,rafting & dredge(Which dredging is still not allowed in our lakes & streams.) The DFG (Dept of fish & Game) has 12 people who are trying to pass a ban. I have read that it was odd that they lost all the emails by concerned people that day.Hummm (Sounds fishy). Anyway I hope not to see anymore "New" restrictions for all of us who use the Lakes & Streams. I just posted a comment of what is recent news for our members to be aware about. Thanks friend.

OP
OP
goldentruth

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These clowns are going to give all metal dectorists a bad name and force a lot of sites to be closed because of their antics. My detecting experiences tend to run for many uneventful hours at a time, with little in the way of drama - most people would never pay any attention to me when I am hunting (which is really the way you want to present yourself).
Thanks for the reply: You are right, these fools make (us) the hobby/ detectorists look as if we are all idiots and irresponsible as metal detecting and prospecting people. The video is stupid and a bore. I did not waste my time to see what else they put out there. (By the way this was a scene where they talk about sutters mill and they go to a Chinese Store and goof around with a drunken stupor and the intelligence of a gnat, (So Lame.)
I thought I would save members time with my oppinion. Thanks & Good luck hunting.

Last edited:

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think I mixed up the two shows?

Thanks for the reply: You are right, these fools make (us) the hobby/ detectorists look as if we are all idiots and irresponsible as metal detecting and prospecting people. The video is stupid and a bore. I did not waste my time to see what else they put out there. (By the way this was a scene where they talk about sutters mill and they go to a Chinese Store and goof around with a drunken stupor and the intelligence of a gnat, (So Lame.)
I thought I would save members time with my oppinion. Thanks & Good luck hunting.
I just saw the latter show, and was amazed how they found the two cannon near the pkg. store. Hardly any oxidation or concretion. Could channel 2 do another show of them sober in area 51 searching for metalic disks?

Last edited:

eddie eldorado

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2012
Hangtown California
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am the producer of the series. the episode you mention is in fact a PARODY. I am acting that way on purpose
ITS a Digg on Rick Sausage, Thanx for watching.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am the producer of the series. the episode you mention is in fact a PARODY. I am acting that way on purpose
ITS a Digg on Rick Sausage, Thanx for watching.

Oh Thank GOD!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is another post where the guy explains he did youtube video as a joke on the other jokers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread