Bad Manners--Cut the plug man.

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was at an old football field/ballpark yesterday for a couple hours.
Low and behold a senior citizen of the area comes over to me and asks me how I am doing as he was swinging his White's Spectra.
BackFlash:
As I was searching I noticed some small holes like a kid or novice would do and were poorly filled in.
I also noticed they were over places where I got a good signal, yet upon futher inspection determined them as nothing but larger trash (VDI # on my Fisher F75).
I came upon a few more of those holes. Well at least they were filled in, but barely. The areas were also very dry soil like you would see in August, so it did not look good.
My initial impression was some kid around the neighborhood must have gotten a Christmas gift he was dying to try out.
Back to the meeting:
So we began talking, and I have to say he was very pleasant. Nice older gent. We began discussing our finds, and the past, as well as recent finds elsewhere.
So, I commented on his very nice machine, and proceeded to show him my Lesche after we began talking about tree roots. He then whips out his garden trowel and I almost died.
"Oh, I have one of those but I dont use it", he says.
I did not have the heart to tell him of his sloppiness, but he comes here he said so hopefully he will read this and take it well as positive enlightenment.
So, maybe you can cut the plug so we can all keep going back to these parks?
It makes a world of difference my friend, you cant even tell where I have been when the day is done. :key:

CoilFisher

BTW, I am back after a Winter hiatus. Hopefully, will be on the board soon. Nothing but wheats so far. :happysmiley:

Upvote 0

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I stopped worrying about being too polite to say something to people when parks in our area started banning detecting.

fillholesrlee.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions