Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher F2 or Ace 250/350, plus a Garrett Pro-Pointer and he will get change back :wink:

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, pro pointer, F-point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher F2 or Ace 250/350, plus a Garrett Pro-Pointer and he will get change back :wink:

I have to agree.
Everybody loves the ACE 250. I myself love my F2, $215 on Amazon and comes with a 4" and 8" coil and an F-point pinpointer. For $275 you get the 10" coil as well as the 8" & 4" coils and F-point. The F-point isn't the best pinpointer so after I found my $400+ gold ring I sprung for the Pro-Pointer as well the two work well together. The F2 is very easy to use and pinpoints perfectly and that one find paid for everything. I'm very happy with it myself but I think my next big find will be used to buy an AT-Pro and the F2 will be my backup. My only complaint about the F2 is it tends to not like wood chips.:dontknow:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi All,

New to the site. I was asked by a friend at work what a good beginner detector would be. $200 - $500 would be his price range. Any suggestions? I know I love my ACE 250, but I would like to find a few others for him to choose from.

Best,

Diggin

The Fisher F2 and Fisher Pin Pointer Kit | Big Boys Hobbies i a much better buy. Faster recovery in trash, lighter, longer warranty, more coils and about same price. Feel free to give me a call with questions or for a great deal! Bart

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, pro pointer, F-point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always wary of dealers "Oh this one or that one is the best... Call me to buy one" The fact is I don't have anything to do with selling them and I have never used an ACE so I cant compare the two. I am very happy with my F2 but the F-point that came with it is not the best and It is functional but now that I have my pro-pointer I wouldn't do without it. That being said your question has been the source of numerous heated debates here on T-net. A little searching might find those posts. Many people here on T-net have forgotten what its like to be low budget, Like I said in my previous post my next one will probably be an AT Pro but that's twice the price of the F2 and Ace and I wont do it until the F2 pays for it. The F2 behaves very differently in salt than dry land and takes a little getting used to but it works well. My reason for wanting the AT Pro is I want something waterproof. The coil on the F2 is waterproof but not the housing and I'm afraid to use it in water.

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have my favorites. But instead of telling you what I like, I will just suggest BUY LOCAL. Try to patronize those dealers or advertisers that post here. They are the ones that are more serious about your needs. TTC

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got into detecting myself and went with a ace 350 and pro pointer but im kinda wishing i had the at pro but it was alot more $$

ihatedirtbikes

Feb 22, 2012
virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Nautilus DMCII-Ba
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just bought an at pro recently and this thing was worth every penny. crazy depth for only 4 AA batteries. i had the ace350, but i just traded it for some goodies for the at pro. i bought this thing thinking that i was gonna be in the water a lot, but i havent been submerged yet. this thing is a great relic machine and im still looking forward to getting into the water with it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread