Found this news article today...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thought it was a good, positive article myself. The guy follows the rules, has returned class rings, does it for his health and not just the money. The article also mentions the "cheapie" detectors as being inferior to the better machines most in the hobby use.
Don't see the article having any more impact on laws than say...the White's commercials on tv or the reality shows.

Al

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Overexposure = growth = more regulation/restriction.
It's been the history of the various interest within the treasure hunting community since day one.
"A 63% increase since 2005" and the overexposure is just now getting it's wings and taking flight.
Unfortunately, ours is a hobby that could do with no media exposure at all because it deals with things of value.
I've been saying all along that you can "expect to be hearing about more new restrictions within the next couple of years". History always repeats itself and will in this case as well.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I agree with Al. I saw nothing wrong with the article. Didn't condone anything illegal or wrong or dorky or anything. But I also agree with bigscoop: the less media exposure (both good and back exposure) the better. 'Cuz the less people in the hobby, and the less archies thinks about us .... the better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions