Metal Detecting & Fishing

Beach hunter1

Dec 22, 2009
I love to metal detect sled riding hills in the spring. I go out just after the snow has melted and the ground is not frozen. I have found rings money, coins, sun glasses, shoes, hats, gloves and more on these slopes. I also love to fish and I found a slick way to get worms.

Tip: Next time you detect, take along a small plastic container w/lid small enough to fit in your recovery pouch.. As you metal detect you sometimes flip up your plug to recover your find and there is a big fat worm in it or in the hole. You have to sometime be fast but you can collect quite a few worms that way.

Just thought I’d share this tip for you fishermen out there.

It works for me.
Happy Hunting :occasion18:

Upvote 0

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beach hunter1 you got me wondering if the detector would have any affect on the worms:dontknow: like make them come up to the surface
HH

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heres a way to get more fish
buy a beat up used PI and hang it over the side of your boat or lower to the bottom using spyder wire
My Pi always attracts loads of fish - i think the pulse hits their lateral line and brings them in
anyone else notice this ?
I have had guys ***** at me that Im scaring all the fish away and tell them
"No Im not - Theyre all over here!"
they love my Pi Pro I have told guys to cast near me and they have pulled in a few good ones

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread