Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Faithracer

Apr 10, 2012
Minerva, OH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Dscry 3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard the Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 was a great detector, read a dozen of the 64 "5 star" ratings from Amazon buyers, and bought one for $230. This is my first detector and I was curious if anyone out there has any comments on it.

I know there are a lot of settings I need to go over, but I couldn't wait, so I went out at night and in 20 minutes had my first 3 finds: a penny, an old matchbox car, and a can tab. The Pinpoint option seems to work great and is really cool. Anyway, I'm new to it and any tips are always greatly appreciated!

One thing I just found about my new home, it's exactly where bunch of Gold were supposedly lost. The story checks out and I have 9 acres right between the 2 cities where it was lost (it was hidden between the 2 cities after they saw a enemy patrol, and of the 2 surviving soldiers, they supposedly passed down clues) and supposedly between 2 springs. Tomorrow I will be out between the 2 springs we just happen to have on our land. I don't think my wife will be so mad about the detector purchase if found!! LOL

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Engine24

Apr 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice detector for the money. I have one and found that it's easy to use and set-up. Lots of false readings (typically 199) if you don't have it calibrated correctly for your soil. One thing about the 3300 and gold- it reads as junk metal sometimes, so be careful in DM. I'd stick with AM with the 3300. I'm not an expert, but that's been my experience. Good luck!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one back when they were still $89 I believe. It was okay for what I used it for. I made more than my money back in finds and sold it for double what I paid for it about a year and a half or so later.

btw- Welcome to the form both of you.:thumbsup:

floridabruce

May 20, 2013
Tallahassee, FL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300
Bounty Hunter Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I too recently purchased a BH Discovery 3300and love it. Been mostly in the yard at our new house in the country and found several coins - but nothing too old. Found numerous quarters and dimes and even more pennies... Plus some other stuff... Living in Florida I have my sights set on the beaches - hoping to find some gold jewelry. I mostly operate in disc. mode (5 "R's"). I know at the beach I will need to work in all metal mode to detect jewelry. The BH 3300 is pretty accurate! When it says a quarter, I dig a quarter - when it says a dime, I dig a dime and when it says a penny I dig a penny! I am impressed...

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a BH Discovery 3300. My main reason for getting it was that it could be ground balanced. I do a lot of work in the Colorado mountains and the soil is loaded with minerals. Its also one of my training detectors (I let others use these to get a feel for Metal Detecting). Once ground balanced, it is useful for finding some types of Silver ore in tailings dumps.

I also have a Discovery 2200 (not useful in high mineralization) and Tesoro Compadre (simple but an excellent detector - particularly good on small gold necklaces - but also can't be ground balanced).

They are all good detectors for the money. While the Discovery 3300 is not exactly the same as the Fisher F4, its got a lot of the same electronics capabilities. The Discovery 2200 has a lot in common with the Fisher F2. You can get DD coils that will work on all of them - in Mineralized soil - that helps a lot.

I don't intentionally hunt for coins anymore. Most of the places I go were abandoned over 100 years ago. You never know what you will find.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions