Jovan421

Greenie
Apr 16, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I quickly found out that I am going to need a pinpointer when metal detecting in soil. I am a newb learning the ropes. I have a bounty hunter tracker IV now im looking for a pinpointer. I know about the Garrett pinpointer pro but its just way out of my price range. I dont want to pay more for a pinpointer than i did for my detector. Im trying to go and cheap as possible for now until i really get the hang of it and have more time to hunt. I saw a video of a guy who used a studfinder as a pin pointer any one else doing this? thanks

Upvote 0

Harp

Greenie
Jul 22, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7 Quicksilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go to harbor freight and buy a centech, works like a whites bullseye, when it quits buy another and repeat until you can buy a garrett pro pointer, does any one use the nickle trick for extending the range of a propointer?
Hey skipperdun- what is the "nickle trick"?

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey skipperdun- what is the "nickle trick"?
probably talking about this...take any coin

press against the Garrett Pro body starting at about the level of the on/off switch (I use my right index finger and turn unit on with my thumb)
slowly slide the coin in the direction of the tip until you JUST START to hear it chirp
back it off just a tad til silent and hold it there
My unit can detect at between 2 1/2 and 3" with this technique. Your mileage may vary.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread