Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Point me to the right pinpointer to start

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Rather be Hunting

Apr 2012
    Florida
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Point me to the right pinpointer to start

I quickly found out that I am going to need a pinpointer when metal detecting in soil. I am a newb learning the ropes. I have a bounty hunter tracker IV now im looking for a pinpointer. I know about the Garrett pinpointer pro but its just way out of my price range. I dont want to pay more for a pinpointer than i did for my detector. Im trying to go and cheap as possible for now until i really get the hang of it and have more time to hunt. I saw a video of a guy who used a studfinder as a pin pointer any one else doing this? thanks

us
    Mar 2012
    IL,FL,CA,AZ,VA,PA,MI,CO - I get around.
    BH Tracker IV , Garrett Pro Pointer
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan421 View Post
    I quickly found out that I am going to need a pinpointer when metal detecting in soil. I am a newb learning the ropes. I have a bounty hunter tracker IV now im looking for a pinpointer. I know about the Garrett pinpointer pro but its just way out of my price range. I dont want to pay more for a pinpointer than i did for my detector. Im trying to go and cheap as possible for now until i really get the hang of it and have more time to hunt. I saw a video of a guy who used a studfinder as a pin pointer any one else doing this? thanks
    Just pony up and buy the Garrett, if you end up buying 2 cheap ones or a cheap-o and then get a much better one you will just about equal or be over the price of a good one from the start.

us
    Mar 2012
    Spring TX
    CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro
    360 times
    Save the clad you find, you'll be able to afford a Pro Pointer before you know it!

The cheap ones tend to break alot.

Wayne

us
    Apr 2012
    Cape Cod
    Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
    14 times
    Metal Detecting
    I have no problem using a cen-tech from harbor freight. But I upgraded the switch, removed the led, removed the speaker and replaced it with a vibrator. I wouldnt recomend it unless you can atleast upgrade the switch.

It sure beats the piss out of my bounty hunter PP. Check out youtube reviews it reaches almost as far as the garrett.
    Even a broken clock is right two times a day.

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Patriot

Jul 2010
    Watkins Glen N.Y. Finger Lakes Region,Beaver Dams N.Y.
    Teknetics Omega,EuroTek Pro Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Toltec ll, ,Gray Ghost Ultimate's,Depth Master Super Phones II,Garrett Pro Pointer,Treasure Wise Diggers T10",T12" & T14" 28" Lesche Ground Shark
    1028 times
    Jovan
    go to Lowe`s or Home Depo and order a Zircon M40 Metalliscanner it getsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 69.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	627978 2" on non ferrous 4" on ferrous the cost $30.00 works great had mine for 1 year built tough....Go to Zircon.com choose the M40 and watch the video
    I`v been detecting for 45 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules
    NEL Tornado Coil 12" X 13"
    NEL Hunter Coil 12 1/2" X 8 1/2"
    NEL Sharpshooter Coil 9 1/2" X 5 1/2"
    ReadyShovel Holster

us
    Son of Eagles

Mar 2010
    mɪnɨˈsoʊtə
    Minelab SE PRO, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics Delta 4000, Ace 250, BH Tracker IV
    313 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    You can take a look at a whole lotta advice here..

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/se...earchid=127285

The end result will be Garrett Pro Pointer by popular demand

us
    May 2010
    Claremore OK
    White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
    150 times
    Save up the money and buy the Pro Pointer. I bought a much cheaper one from Kellyco and within a month was buying the Garrett. You WILL see a difference and
    find the items much faster.
    God Bless...

us
    Jun 2011
    Nebraska
    Teknetics Delta 4000
    1 times
    I just bought this one from amazon for $30 (free shipping), will post back once it gets here and I use it a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by G.A.P.metal View Post
    Jovan
    go to Lowe`s or Home Depo and order a Zircon M40 Metalliscanner it getsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 69.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	627978 2" on non ferrous 4" on ferrous the cost $30.00 works great had mine for 1 year built tough....Go to Zircon.com choose the M40 and watch the video

us
    Apr 2012
    Haddon Heights NJ
    Minelab Exploer SE Pro
    1 times
    I bought the Bounty Hunter pinpointer and broke the battery cover the first day. Now I have a rubber band holding it on. I am kinda happy with it but will probably get a garrett eventually. Got mine on ebay for like $40. I think

Apr 2012
    Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
    363 times
    I spent 40 bucks on the bounty hunter and its sitting on my desk i took the battery out and used it in my pro pointer....anything other then the pro pointer is a waste of time and money in my book

us
    Son of Eagles

Mar 2010
    mɪnɨˈsoʊtə
    313 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Just got a 2nd pro pointer in the mail today for my lady to use if she wants to go hunting with me.

us
    Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
    1191 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Propointer All the Way!!! Reds Is Ordered, The only Hiccup Is they Are On Back order Garrets Just sent Me A Response!!!! Aproximently Three Weeks Be Paitent They are worth it !!! I Have One And Wont Hunt Without It Chug Even though I Have to Share!!!! Chug
    We live to detect, we detect to live!

"It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Apr 2012
    Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
    363 times
    Anyone else hunt with friends that are always wanting to use your pro pointer instead of there 20 dollar special? lol

wally62us
    I use the Vibra Quatic 2 It works really well. But I am pretty new to the game. Just found out about big boys hobbies on this site. Wish I would have know soon. I would have ordered all my stuff through them.

us
    Son of Eagles

Mar 2010
    mɪnɨˈsoʊtə
    313 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chug And Red View Post
    Propointer All the Way!!! Reds Is Ordered, The only Hiccup Is they Are On Back order Garrets Just sent Me A Response!!!! Aproximently Three Weeks Be Paitent They are worth it !!! I Have One And Wont Hunt Without It Chug Even though I Have to Share!!!! Chug
    Prior to ordering mine I kept seeing posts about them being back ordered but I called KellyCo and they had them in stock so I got mine in under a week.

Quote Originally Posted by dustytrails123 View Post
    Anyone else hunt with friends that are always wanting to use your pro pointer instead of there 20 dollar special? lol
    I've never hunted with anyone yet except my girlfriend and I just couldn't let her use a crappy pinpointer so I let her have the Garrett. I walked over to her many times to borrow it.

The second one will serve as a backup and also for buddies to use. If I take someone out hunting I want them to have a good experience and not mess around with a cheap pinpointer that I wouldn't even use.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors