Jovan421

Greenie
Apr 16, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello just wanted some help from my fellow treasure hunters thats have used the BH tracker IV. I have just started to use this machine seeing i am new to the hobby. I am learning to adjust to it seeing that the screen in not digital i have done some tests with different items in order to adjust sensitivity and disc. Me and my daughter have just been doing some relic hunting in my backyard but we plan on going to the beach soon to hunt. any suggestions on how i should adjust the detector? as far as reacting the best around salt water but still being able to find coin,gold,silver etc...I know there are far better detectors for hunting beaches but they are out of the price range right now. Just trying to work with what i have. Thank you for any help. This site has been great for a beginner like myself

Upvote 0

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Using the TK4 on the beach is pretty much like using it in your yard. On the beach, put a plastic bag over the electronics enclosure to protect it from salt in the air. When you get down into the wet stuff, it may start getting a bit chatty. This can be alleviated by a combination of one or more of the following: slow down your sweep, reduce the sensitivity setting, and/or raise the discrimination setting high enough to reject small foil.

When working a beach with a metal detector, generally speaking you'll want to dig almost everything since digging in the sand is easy and beaches aren't littered with nails like so many land sites are.

--Dave J.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread