How many pack a handgun when detecting?

Dale32

Jun 28, 2012
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont unless i,m going into a seedy area, then i always bring along my trusty 1911.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only Bare I ever seen in the woods was a girlfriend and I took care of that.

Does California have emission laws on .357 wheelguns?

TerryC, whatever regimen you are on, it makes you look younger !

Wonder if pepper spray works on snakes?

Grey
Greydigger, I'm going to let you in on a not-so-secret secret. That pic is my official USMC Boot Camp Graduation pic..... 1967! Oh, and I take 8 different pills for pain, PTSD, heart, cholestreal, etc. I am 100% disabled, service connected. I guess you can guess... that means PTSD and depression from combat related issues. Hmmm, if I bite a bullet, does that mean I will get a spot "on the wall"? I hope not... The Wall is reserved for heroes, not me. Golden, I currently carry a S&W 19, that I bought in '71... .357 in high-gloss nickel finish. I have filed away the top portion of the left side grip so it will take a speed-loader. I did much state and national police team shooting. Even been to Camp Perry! Dozens of trophies... many on the state (WI) level. When I left WI in '91, I believe I was ranked 14th in the state. Havn't killed anything to protect myself since Vietnam. Don't have the desire to kill anything anymore. Hope I don't have to, either. As a career cop, I practiced virtually everyday to be ready for that day. Might be alot of the reason I'm 100%. That stuff takes its toll too! LM, Always shoot TO STOP an aggressor. NEVER to kill! And always keep shooting till the threat is down. Remember that! Oh, Lord, nightmares tonight! TTC

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I carry in the woods most of the time. Around town in the parks, tot lots, play fields etc. I figure my Lesche digger is protection enough.
luvsdux

FAL guy

Feb 5, 2012
OKC, OK
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It depends on the neighborhood, but most of the oldest parts of town are now seedy areas. I always have my Ruger LCP and if the neiborhood is rough I either have my Glock 19, or my Springfield 1911

gottagetthegold<3

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2012
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would but I'm too young to have a ccw I think. So I just bring my giant attack dog instead. Usually scares people away cuz he barks so loud and growls and lunges at people who are like 30ft away! Haha, so I've never had any problems even in the iffy parts if town.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good thread-thanks for the laugh, Terry
I'll go with pepper spray for now-if that fails, my portrait of Nancy Pelosi.
Please no weapons of mass destruction!!:tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread