Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 171
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: How many pack a handgun when detecting?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #46
    ca
    Oct 2007
    Newfoundland
    Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1000, Fisher1266X,Tesoro Cibola
    587
    130 times
    Metal Detecting
    I agree with your right to carry a weapon. However, if you are on the ground digging with your headphones on and a thug(s) happens to jump you from behind and gets your gun, then you could be the one in trouble...Just a thought...

  2. #47
    us
    Living the WP

    Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    4,104
    1457 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfiehunter View Post
    I agree with your right to carry a weapon. However, if you are on the ground digging with your headphones on and a thug(s) happens to jump you from behind and gets your gun, then you could be the one in trouble...Just a thought...
    Wonder what would happen if he jumped on you and you had no gun for him to get? Think you might be in trouble? Another thought.

  3. #48
    ca
    Oct 2007
    Newfoundland
    Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1000, Fisher1266X,Tesoro Cibola
    587
    130 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave44 View Post
    Wonder what would happen if he jumped on you and you had no gun for him to get? Think you might be in trouble? Another thought.
    In any case, in a struggle anything could happen...If he is only after your wallet he will take it..but if he sees a gun, gets his hands on it, and decides to use it...then it could be lights out...Even police officers sometimes have their own weapons turned against them...It does happen..I'm not against guns by any means, and you do have the right to protect yourself. Was just thinking about the consequences if the thug should get his hands on your weapon...

  4. #49
    us
    Living the WP

    Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    4,104
    1457 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I can appreciate what you are saying, but it is a straw man argument. If someone jumped you from behind you are in for a desperate struggle,, a life altering and possibly ending struggle. Don't go to the dark side without imagining the possibilities, Check on some of the nastiness I posted, why would you possibly imagine that someone that did that means you no harm?

    I think Jeff said it best with his previous cartoon. But being passive about your survival might make a statistic out of you.

    And I rarely carry for this, although I am prepared. One landowner said, man be careful, I saw a bear and cubs, I hope you are carrying.

  5. #50
    ca
    Oct 2007
    Newfoundland
    Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1000, Fisher1266X,Tesoro Cibola
    587
    130 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave44 View Post
    I can appreciate what you are saying, but it is a straw man argument. If someone jumped you from behind you are in for a desperate struggle,, a life altering and possibly ending struggle. Don't go to the dark side without imagining the possibilities, Check on some of the nastiness I posted, why would you possibly imagine that someone that did that means you no harm?

    I think Jeff said it best with his previous cartoon. But being passive about your survival might make a statistic out of you.

    And I rarely carry for this, although I am prepared. One landowner said, man be careful, I saw a bear and cubs, I hope you are carrying.
    I am not passive by any means....Last weekend I hunted a new site which was in a very isolated wooded area...My thoughts were of packs of coyotes or a bear should I encounter one. Honestly, I wish I had more than just my shovel for protection. Don't think it would be of much use against a bear or coyotes. I was once charged by a horse. They may seem docile but when a huge animal is running at you at a fast gallop because you ended up in a middle of a herd by mistake when you were focused on detecting, it can be unnerving.

    I was just being the Devil's advocate and stating that your gun can be used against you if you were attacked by a thug or gang. Usually a person who attacks you would only want your wallet, then flee...If they were going to try something, they would do it when you are most vulnerable when you are on the ground with your headphones on. Your gun may not be so useful then when taken by surprise and could be used against you. It is not a straw man argument because I'm not disagreeing with you. These things do happen.

    I remember when Tom Selleck was on the Rosie O'Donnell and how she acted like an idiot because she tried to push her anti gun views while on air. Selleck handled himself well..and I totally agreed with what he said. Anyway, as stated before, I'm not against guns.
    Last edited by Newfiehunter; May 02, 2012 at 08:32 PM.

  6. #51

    May 2012
    1
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    i never leave home without 9MM

  7. #52
    us
    what hath god wrought

    Feb 2009
    Gateway to the 1000 Islands
    Sometime(s)
    4,067
    673 times
    tectin crap
    I pack a yummy sunshine samwich when I tect that my mommy made me. No, really. I bring a camera with me too, so you can say I pack a camera. I want my buddy to try to get a picture of a butterfly landing on my head in the sunshiny meadow somewhere. I pack heat in the shower.
    Federal Bureau of Governmental Redundancy Reduction Agency

  8. #53

    May 2012
    4
    I carry a gun everywhere I go especially now a days with the economy the way it is crime rates are up. Like one person said its better to have one and not need one then to need one and not have one. I just read a news story the other day where a guy who carries stopped a man from stabbing people outside a store the police said it it wasn't for him it could have been a lot worse.

  9. #54
    us
    what hath god wrought

    Feb 2009
    Gateway to the 1000 Islands
    Sometime(s)
    4,067
    673 times
    tectin crap
    I pack heat twenty four frikin seven. Yeah
    Federal Bureau of Governmental Redundancy Reduction Agency

  10. #55
    us
    Living the WP

    Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    4,104
    1457 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    WOW,, 2 first Posts! Welcome to TNET Michaud68 and Firedragon! Go say Hi in the newbie section then come back over here! Good to see you!

  11. #56
    us
    what hath god wrought

    Feb 2009
    Gateway to the 1000 Islands
    Sometime(s)
    4,067
    673 times
    tectin crap
    The only thing that sucks more than packin heat tectin is having to go downtown and having to explain to the police why you had to waste some guy out in the park that you found necessary to waist because you thought he needed wasting. Hat's off to you sir.
    Federal Bureau of Governmental Redundancy Reduction Agency

  12. #57

    May 2012
    4
    Gleaner just because someone carries doesn't mean they are going to shoot everyone or everything they see loll

  13. #58
    us
    what hath god wrought

    Feb 2009
    Gateway to the 1000 Islands
    Sometime(s)
    4,067
    673 times
    tectin crap
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaud68 View Post
    Gleaner just because someone carries doesn't mean they are going to shoot everyone or everything they see loll
    Agreed. I said I carry in the shower. No kidding. And I pack heat tectin too. I know that everyone that carries aint gonna not going to shoot everyone or everything they see. Thats just plain silly. Ammo is too expensive. lol lov lov lol love lo and kisses and bullets lol shoot em up! Great post
    Federal Bureau of Governmental Redundancy Reduction Agency

  14. #59
    us
    Living the WP

    Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    4,104
    1457 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaud68 View Post
    Gleaner just because someone carries doesn't mean they are going to shoot everyone or everything they see loll

    Dang it,, I haven't fired my weapon in years,, You have made me remember to go clean it. Thanks Mich!

  15. #60
    us
    Northern California

    Aug 2007
    'South' Texas
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    2,735
    1385 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    My 2 cents worth - dog packs are NOT fun! In my case a bird shot round sent the alpha, beta and bottom feeder back home. Then where I usually detect the bears are mighty thick, have taken over a dozen food bags, destroyed many a camp, come in on me in camp and came out of the bushes once when I was carrying a bag of fresh caught trout. That last one almost cost me my undies! So, yes I carry a 454 and I am Not talking cubic inches. I've used it three times as a noise maker and they did not return, it is likely their ears are still ringing. Now I'm in California so I do not carry in public as these folks are afraid of being alive, have put in so many laws to "keep all of us safe" that all the fun things are illegal, like jungle gyms for crying out loud! Concealed carry permits are given out to Politicians but not us citizens who pay the majority of the taxes cause we can not be trusted. I should stop or this will become a rant. In the city I use a T-handled target probe and after about 100 probes into the dirt the 6" long by 1/8" diameter probe shaft has become kinda sharp, probaly go right through a thick leather jacket but then again that is up close and personal so I'd rather carry a can of pepper spray though the good stuff is kinda expensive. Any Questions?................63bkpkr
    Last edited by 63bkpkr; May 02, 2012 at 10:24 PM.
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

 

 
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Ground Hog with 1889 Defender Handgun
    By CMDiamonddawg in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: May 05, 2012, 09:26 AM
  2. Colt Handgun found in Privy
    By cuddles17981 in forum Cleaning & Preservation
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 03, 2012, 10:33 PM
  3. Handgun of Choice
    By Kiwijohn in forum Comedy Central
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 29, 2012, 12:31 AM
  4. i need a whites battery pack, for classic or xlt 8AA pack GOT ONE!!!
    By PAPPYGOL in forum Treasure Related Stuff Wanted
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Mar 10, 2011, 11:50 AM
  5. $.20 cents, & a Small Handgun...
    By Leon in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2006, 10:41 AM

Search tags for this page

hyena

,

hyena as a pet

,

hyena as pet

,

hyena dog

,

hyena pet

,

hyena pets

,
hyenas
,
hyenas as pets
,

pet hyena

,
pet hyenas
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3