jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the nice thing about the Sunray Probes are they, run thru the circutry of the detector. you can discriminate with them , while you pinpoint. they are also like having a 1" detector coil, great for reaching them impossable spots & you get at least 3" of depth with them. some of the handhelds only work when you touch the object. and the sunray probes are waterproof and? built to last. I won't mention any other brands, but a friend of mine go's thru 1 a year, of a particular brand of handheld probes, because it is just too flimsy. OH & BECAUSE IT RUNS THRU YOUR DETECTORS CIRCUTRY, no extra batteries :)

OP
OP
Colorado2

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Thanks Jeff. One more question. Does that mean you have to crack the box on the MD to install one?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOPE it runs in Line with the wires. The one from the coil goes into the Box for the probe, The Box mounts on your Detector. And A wire comes out of it & you connect that to your Detectors control unit. You hear everything thru your headphones & you flick a toggle switch to switch back & forth between detector & probe.

OP
OP
Colorado2

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
Sounds like a sweet deal. I've got a chance to pick one up used. As always Jeff, thanks for the input~A

reiferman

Sep 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colorado2 said:
Hey fellow TH's.? Can someone tell me what a SUNRAY Probe is?? Is it like a pinpointer, and if so, is it as good as the hand held type?? How necessary is it?? Thanks up front~Andy

Colorado,

I have a Sunray X1 on my Explorer II. I love it! It really saves time in pinpointing.

The Reiferman

OP
OP
Colorado2

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
Hey Reif. Thanks for the info. Always good to hear from someone that owns one. Do I recall you telling Onion that you live in Denver? Seems like there's enough of us to get a mile high (Uh, I mean "wide") sweep going. :) I talked to someone else on this forum that is from Denver too and said that they wanted to join an MD club but ran into up front fees. Turned them off. Sounds like fun to go out with other people but I'm broke for a while after MD purchase too. Maybe we should do a "Treasurenet Denver" get together. That way we can all pin Onion down and make him give up some secrets. But lets wait until warmer weather. OK? Later~CO2

reiferman

Sep 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I hear that. I do live in Denver too. I'm going behind Onion and finding all of the stuff he left behind with my Explorer II. :D I have found some silver here but it is usually down about 8-10 inches. The nice thing about the clubs is thay are able to get permission to hunt some of the old forts. The guys at Golden Detectors have found some cool stuff like love tokens, rifle maintenance tools, etc.

HH
The Reiferman

OP
OP
Colorado2

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
Hey Reif.? So that's why people pay to join clubs.? How bout this snow?? Caught about 10" @ my house, & 7 degrees all day....Burrrrritos!

reiferman

Sep 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colorado2 said:
Hey Reif.? So that's why people pay to join clubs.? How bout this snow?? Caught about 10" @ my house, & 7 degrees all day....Burrrrritos!

Only got about 3" at my house but it be cccccoooold! 6 degrees. I have a weather site for West Denver if your interested. it's @

http://www.reifheck.com

I have a lightning detector to that covers all of Colorado.

HH
The Reiferman

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Okay if you guys want to get together lets do this I will show you all my secerts!

We will have a contest

Lets say the first one that finds a ring wins! LOL!!!!

Send me a PM and we can swap numbers and plan a date for this contest.

Onionhead

OP
OP
Colorado2

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
Contest?!?!?! who said anything about a contest? I get beat up enough without taking on the "king of rings" with a detector I don't even know how to use yet! Besides, aren't you the one that's hiding the loot? LOL. Hey Reif. What's up with the web site? You a Meteorologist? Could come in handy to know where the lightning strikes are B-4 going out with a handful of aluminum tube and a box full of circuitry! :-X~CO2

reiferman

Sep 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colorado2 said:
Contest?!?!?!? who said anything about a contest?? I get beat up enough without taking on the "king of rings" with a detector I don't even know how to use yet!? Besides, aren't you the one that's hiding the loot? LOL.? ? Hey Reif.? What's up with the web site?? You a Meteorologist?? Could come in handy to know where the lightning strikes are B-4 going out with a handful of aluminum tube and a box full of circuitry! :-X~CO2
HI CO2,

Actually I'm an electrical engineer and am working at StorageTek in Broomfield. I will be taking meteorology courses starting in the fall so I can get a minor in meteorology/atmospheric science. I'm originally from Oklahoma (been in Colorado for 26 years) where they grow tornadoes. I worked for the National Severe Storms Lab in Norman, OK after I got out of the Air Force. I was a tech on the storm chase teams. That was in 1975-1977. After I got my degree, I worked for NCAR from 1990-1995. I have always been hooked on weather. Of course I'm now adicted to this metal detecting hobby too. My wife is going crazy with all of the gadgets I have :D

HH
The Reiferman

OP
OP
Colorado2

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
Good to know a bit more about you Reif.? I know a few people at StorTec.? Most of my work happens in Boulder just below NCAR.? ?StorTec has a first rate health center so better get to humpin' those weights so we can keep up with Onion in the Spring ;D Later~CO2

Hambone

Jan 4, 2005
Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you guys need to come down to Texas for a couple of weeks, it was 80 here today but the mosquito's they are a bitin.
Good luck to you all!
Hambone

S

salvet66

I HAVE A X-1 FOR MY WHITES XLT AN LOVE IT. I NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT LOSING THE CHINSY ONE WHITES SELLS. BUT MY FRIEND USES ONE ON HIS DFX WHICH IS ANOTHER MODEL NUMBER. HE HAS NOTHING BUT BAD LUCK WITH IT. IT WORKS SOMETIMES AN SOMETIMES IT DOESNT. THE GUY TOLD HIM TO TURN DOWN HIS PREAMP. BUT WHY SHOULD HE, WHATS THE POINT.

OP
OP
Colorado2

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
Thanks for all the input guys. I like the idea but missed the one I had a line on. It went for $100 on e-bay but I forgot to go back & bid...Caught up in reading Treasurenet postings! HH ~C02 ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread