Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

ca
    Oct 2007
    Newfoundland
    Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1000, Fisher1266X,Tesoro Cibola
    131 times
    Metal Detecting

MINELABS NEW DETECTOR CTX 3030

Minelab has a new underwater machine with visual ID....Check it out at their website!! It is called the CTX 3030...Looks impressive!!

Here's the link
    http://www.ctx3030.com/
    Last edited by Newfiehunter; May 03, 2012 at 08:33 PM.

us
    It's dangerous to be right when those with a thimbleful of perceived authority are wrong.

Mar 2012
    Michigan
    White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
    121 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'd be interested to see if there is an actual PERFORMANCE increase, or they did what White's did with the V3,and just focused on bells and whistles.

gb
    Mar 2012
    Bedfordshire (UK)
    1 times
    Metal Detecting and Archaeology

What if the CTX3030 combines VLF with PI technology?

What if the CTX3030 combines VLF with PI technology?

some thoughts here:
    MINELABS NEW DETECTOR CTX 3030

--Eddy C.
    Minelab E-TRAC | Garrett PRO-POINTER | Black ADA Invader
    Member of the Task Force for Metal Detecting Rights

us
    Nov 2008
    Maine
    Whites V3i, Minelab Etrac
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    hope the weight isn't over 5 pounds like I've seen on the web, would be nice if it was in the $2K range also.

us
    Feb 2012
    West Michigan
    Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
    52 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    It will be up for Sale on My Birthday.
    That would make my day to add one of those to my toy list!
    Live to Hunt, Hunt to Live

May 2012
    MINELAB CTX3030 -- Its always the same with minelab and other company's and it is true........they make big claims on bigger better faster machines than the prevoius model, for example the Minelab explorer was a great machine and still is, the new etrac was released years later but no real improvements in depth infact the explorer is probably slightly deeper than the etrac, depth is not everything but when paying hundreds of pounds more you should get better improvements from the previous models..... lets hope this new minelab can really prove much improvement above the older models in the field, this was claimed about the etrac but was no deeper.......silversimon .............
    Last edited by silversimon; May 04, 2012 at 10:55 AM.

May 2012

Cry

Quote Originally Posted by silversimon View Post
    MINELAB CTX3030 -- Its always the same with minelab and other company's and it is true........they make big claims on bigger better faster machines than the prevoius model, for example the Minelab explorer was a great machine and still is, the new etrac was released years later but no real improvements in depth infact the explorer is probably slightly deeper than the etrac, depth is not everything but when paying hundreds of pounds more you should get better improvements from the previous models..... lets hope this new minelab can really prove much improvement above the older models in the field, this was claimed about the etrac but was no deeper.......silversimon .............
    I agree with you silversimon, the etrac is a massive letdown for me on depth. The old XS beats this detector hands down on depth. Lets hope this new model has improved - never mind all the bells and whistles like most detectorists dont use.....what the hell do we need a colour screen for anyway?

Oct 2005
    XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
    122 times
    If you want a deep Explorer you got an Explorer II and just changed the stock coil for a SEF one. Minelab was famous for giving percentage increases in depth with its gold machines until people worked out that the latest versions would now be going down feet not inches if all the improvement percentages were added to the depth of the original SD.

The only real advantage on the CTX is the hint that deep non ferrous will now indicate as that, rather than iron.

Sponsors