Pin-pointer recommendation?

flatsix

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
dont even bother with anything other than the garrett pro pointer it is in a league of its own.PERIOD.

OP
OP
MickeyMaguire

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dont even bother with anything other than the garrett pro pointer it is in a league of its own.PERIOD.

Thanks for the recommendation, FlatSix.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats why I kinda combined the two newholder2.jpg

OP
OP
MickeyMaguire

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went ahead and ordered the Garrett via Amazon (Kellyco was the seller). So, I look forward to receiving it. I have lots of fresh-water beaches in this area and plenty of relic sites, too.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my pro pointer today. In an area of deep coins I would have given up not wanting to spend so much time and attracting unwanted attention. But. It is awesome. The V 4 broke when I put my knee on it. That turned out to be my lucky day. You will love it MM!

OP
OP
MickeyMaguire

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my pro pointer today. In an area of deep coins I would have given up not wanting to spend so much time and attracting unwanted attention. But. It is awesome. The V 4 broke when I put my knee on it. That turned out to be my lucky day. You will love it MM!

Yep, I think I will love it... hoping it arrives today.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I think I will love it... hoping it arrives today.

I forgot mine yesterday had to use the spare fisher ended up with 3 holes that took way too long and i drove home...next time ill make sure the garrett is with

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 nd day with Garrett pro pointer. Wow. I am finding a lot of detachable pulltabs that Id nickle gold but I can easily tell it is longer than it is wide so not a nickel or a ring and no reason to dig. It will even find those tiny pieces of metal here to for known as phantoms.

OP
OP
MickeyMaguire

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have not received my pin-pointer yet, maybe today.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you can afford the Sunray I would say 1st choice . If not go with Garrett

OP
OP
MickeyMaguire

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Garrett arrived today and I took it to a trash-filled site to see how easy it can help me pick out the clay-covered pulltabs that are hard to spot. I did that in seconds so that I could go on to find good stuff.

dgrs2

Mar 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett is awesome! You'll find every metal object in the hole fast. You'll also know how close you are to the object. It gives a more solid tone the closer you are to it.

dirtfisher

May 10, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster GT, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cibola, HF9F Metal Detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to have one of them, nay, two of them. One for each detector. Alas, the price has got me beat. I will be able to afford them one day.... *sigh*. Until then I will have to stick to my supertuned centechs. lol

flatsix

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I also love my pro pointer.I did like my sunray just to much extra weight.(I have a bad right elbow).you tube re-tuning garrett pro pointer.

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I also love my Garrett Pro Pointer. I wouldn't be without one.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
garrett pro pointer

ChuckyV

May 15, 2012
Phoenix
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garrett Pro Pointer for many reasons. It is sturdy enough to help me up off the ground ( short crutch), You can adjust the depth you want it to detect, you can lay it on it's side and sweep it, cleans easy, plug the speaker holes and it's waterproof, did I mention it's a great short crutch. I have had multiple level spinal fusion and a total knee replacement. There are times when that Pro Pointer is all that gets me up off the ground. It does detect the knee prosthesis too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread