Things I Have Learned While Metal Detecing

NYScrap

Feb 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is partially a joke, and partially serious. Include things you have learned too.

1. I will never... ever again toss a tab or small peice of metal away... because I know someday a metal detector will ding on it, and some poor shlub will end up wasting his time to dig it up.

2. Kids are liter bugs... and they must be stopped! (sarcasm) I have found more junk at former school zones then anywhere else.

3. The hope that the next thing you dig will be valuable/exciting/unique is the only thing that keeps us (me) going, because 99% of the time it is trash or clad.

4. You do NOT go into metal detecing to make money.

This is what I have learned after about 2 months of detecting. Enjoy, and contribute.

Upvote 0

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
4. Is one of my biggest "pet peeves." People who think they are going to get rich "because that's what da TV TOLD me!"
They have no regard for anything other than what they can get monetarily.

OP
OP
N

NYScrap

Feb 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That could be 5.... The TV is full of poo. Antiques roadshow... the digger show thing etc, all place WAY to much value on things, and make it look WAY to easy.

Something may be valuable, but its about finding the right person to buy it, and chances are they won't pay half of the appraised value. I guess on 3 I should have put valuable third, after exciting/unique.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. I will never... ever again toss a tab or small peice of metal away... because I know someday a metal detector will ding on it, and some poor shlub will end up wasting his time to dig it up.

That's kinda sad that nobody taught you not to litter BEFORE you became an adult and that you only decided to stop littering because it now affected you personally.

OP
OP
N

NYScrap

Feb 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...It was meant to be tongue and cheek. Clearly I don't purposely throw things on the ground. I just wouldn't go digging through dirt of a tab broke of a can and got away from me. Or, if I was working on taking siding off of a house, I wouldn't go around picking up every nail or shard of metal that broke off.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's kinda sad that nobody taught you not to litter BEFORE you became an adult and that you only decided to stop littering because it now affected you personally.
have you ever ONCE made a post that wasn't snide or smartass?

I sure haven't seen it.

Mommy didn't hug you enough?

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL.... Sheldon Cooper doesn't have a sense of humor.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL.... Sheldon Cooper doesn't have a sense of humor.
lol.
The very NATURE of the screenname tells me that this is a troll account.
That,and the fact that The Big Bang Theory wasn't even AROUND when this person started their account here tells me that they changed their screen name. Another sign of trollism.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have you ever ONCE made a post that wasn't snide or smartass?

I sure haven't seen it.

Mommy didn't hug you enough?

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/search.php?searchid=152937

Please look at my previous posts. Instead, you choose to just make false assumptions. From now on, I shall make 100% of my posts positive instead of just 95% of them. I need to keep you happy since you clearly aren't living in reality.

Here's a big hug for you Diggit! And I'm gonna throw in a good job and an atta boy to make you feel extra special today! You deserve it! :)

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bazinga youve got a problem, and its getting really old...youve become the resident grouch that nobody likes...CONGRATS.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bazinga youve got a problem, and its getting really old...youve become the resident grouch that nobody likes...CONGRATS.

Please read my previous post. Obviously you guys just want to nitpick a random post here and there and base your entire opinion of somebody based on that. It's quite sad.

And yes, being against littering is bad. Just an awful thing. My apologies for that.

OP
OP
N

NYScrap

Feb 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think any of us litter on purpose, or would flaunt that. I always, ALWAYS leave places I have been cleaner then when I get there, be it apartments I rent, fields I MD or camp sites I stay at. The reason people are down talking you is because you took something that was clearly a joke, and done to be funny and turned it into a fight.

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please look at my previous posts. Instead, you choose to just make false assumptions. From now on, I shall make 100% of my posts positive instead of just 95% of them. I need to keep you happy since you clearly aren't living in reality.[/qoute]

My bad..... Sheldon Cooper is suppose to be good at math.

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/search.php?searchid=152937

Please look at my previous posts. Instead, you choose to just make false assumptions. From now on, I shall make 100% of my posts positive instead of just 95% of them. I need to keep you happy since you clearly aren't living in reality.

Here's a big hug for you Diggit! And I'm gonna throw in a good job and an atta boy to make you feel extra special today! You deserve it! :)

My bad.... Sheldon Cooper is actually really good at math....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions