I have a Turkish map but I have no detector.

bg2012

May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to everyone in the forum.
Could you tell me where I can get a metal detector rental for a week? The whole story is such that about a month ago when spoiling our old family house and the attic I found a Turkish map with designation. I went to City Hall and I saw the sketches of the village that there are still places with the same unchanged names. I found the place marked on the map, but it is quite a large area about 0.4 acres. On the map was marked tree that serves as a reference, but unfortunately it no longer exists now there is a bare field. Later I realized that the card was a gift to my great-great grandfather of the Turkish military, of whom my grandfather had helped to escape from Bulgaria.

Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
What city and country are you in? I presume Turkey? I just did a google map search on "Instanbul, Turkey". Then once there, click on "search nearby". Then "metal detectors". A host of dealers come up. I'm sure one of them has a rental.

Hello to everyone in the forum.
Could you tell me where I can get a metal detector rental for a week? The whole story is such that about a month ago when spoiling our old family house and the attic I found a Turkish map with designation. I went to City Hall and I saw the sketches of the village that there are still places with the same unchanged names. I found the place marked on the map, but it is quite a large area about 0.4 acres. On the map was marked tree that serves as a reference, but unfortunately it no longer exists now there is a bare field. Later I realized that the card was a gift to my great-great grandfather of the Turkish military, of whom my grandfather had helped to escape from Bulgaria.

OP
OP
B

bg2012

May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What city and country are you in? I presume Turkey? I just did a google map search on "Instanbul, Turkey". Then once there, click on "search nearby". Then "metal detectors". A host of dealers come up. I'm sure one of them has a rental.

No. I'm from Bulgaria.

pops9653

Apr 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still there are dealers in Turkey call them and see if one will rent you a detector for the week. Since the map is of Turkey then you still have to go to turkey.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you haven't used a metal detector before it's going to take you longer than a week to get any good with it, unless the ground is really clean and usually area's people have been around for a long time it's at least full of iron if not other metals as well. Good luck and HH

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't tell the dealer about the map. Just tell him you are going there "on holiday" and thought that renting a metal detector would be fun.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very strict laws on metal detecting with two to five year prision sentences plus large fines if you do the wrong thing. You could check if Tees Teknik is still in business. E-mail was [email protected] they could tell you the current situation.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brian, do you mean "very strict laws" (and prison, and so forth), in Turkey? Or Bulgaria? If you mean Turkey, then I just did a search under Fisher brand dealers, and they have a dealer in Turkey. That was just one search, so I'm presuming perhaps other brands (whites, garrett, tesoro, etc...) may also have dealers there too. If there are dealers there, how can it be illegal? Presumably they are selling to people who are .... doh .... using them, no?

And if you meant Bulgaria, I just did a google map search on Sofia, Bulgaria (just to pick a random city there). And once on that page, clicked on "search nearby". Typed in "metal detectors", and got a list of hits. Of course I can't read the language, so perhaps I'm getting un-related hits (from variations of "metal" and "detect", etc..). But one hit that I click on the related website, brings up this site:

WorlDDetectors EOOD
110 Bulgaria Blvd.

1618 Sofia
Bulgaria

Phone: +35924177204
Fax:
Mobile:
E-mail: [email protected]

And the other stuff on the website indicates that it is, indeed, metal detectors. So again, if there are dealers there, how can it be illegal? And even if there WERE some sort of federal prohibition, then it's probably no different than the USA where, sure, there's ARPA, yet when you read closely, it's for obvious monuments, historical preserves, and so forth. But in no way stops you from hunting other spots. Or .... heck .... just like England, simply hunt private farmer's fields permission till your arms fall off!

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A foreigner in a Turkish prison is screwed. No place to make a mistake.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hotzone , then where are the people who are buying those detectors, using them ? Why aren't they "going to prison "?

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the people buying detectors are not foreigners? More than one movie about their prisons. Just saying be careful. People can be put in foreign prison for what would be a wrist slap here.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
"Maybe the people buying detectors are not foreigners?"

Huh? What difference does it make whether a detector is bought and used by a foreigner, verses a local? If there is some no-detecting rule, it would apply to both locals and foreigners, I would assume. So your answer makes no sense.

And to rehearse prison conditions also is not an answer. So too do I not want to go to a USA prison either, but that has no bearing at all on whether an activity is allowed or not. To talk about "deplorable prison conditions" merely presumes that ....ergo .... you "go to prison for detecting", and is simply assuming the point of the discussion, rather than discussing the issue itself, which is: "can you metal detect at such & such place or not?". The question was not "how lovely are the prisons?"

dld

Apr 21, 2010
NE Fla
Detector(s) used
ace 250, BHID, Explorer SE Pro, Omega 8000
this was in 2009http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,982216
BarnacleBill said:
TURKEYThe 1973 Antiquities Act carries very extensive lists of movable and immovable objects protected including places of ancient settlement or places where there are vestiges of ancient civilisations (Article 1). All objects are the property of the State (Article 3 ) and reporting is obligatory (Article 4) but a reward system exists (Article 47).There is a specific provision against treasure hunting, illicit excavation and dealing in antiquities (Article 51 - 52). Unauthorised treasure hunting carries a penalty of 2 - 5 years imprisonment and fines of =A35,000 to =A310,000 (Article 47).

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By all means Tom go to turkey or any other 3rd world country and metal detect if you find out u can rent one there. They are sure to forgive naivety should you be mistaken.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread