Gate checking my DFX.

LostinBolton

Mar 28, 2012
CT
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my way to St. Augustine to my sisters wedding and I was worried about taking my DFX and checking at the curb. I packed it good but beach coil left at home for space. I got to airport and first TSA said no to gate check but the ticket/bag guy said hang on let me ask a super. They both came back and said sure, sounds fun. No problems and waiting at gate. The great news is the APP is now working, it wasn't last week.

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I flew to Seattle from Tulsa and just packed my detector in a seperate suit case all wraped up in towels. Put a big note inside that said metal detector, be careful in handling. Got there and back with no incidents. Monty

OP
OP
L

LostinBolton

Mar 28, 2012
CT
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
I flew to Seattle from Tulsa and just packed my detector in a seperate suit case all wraped up in towels. Put a big note inside that said metal detector, be careful in handling. Got there and back with no incidents. Monty

I was able to carry on from Hartford, Baltimore all the way to JAX without any problems. My soon to be brother-in law knows some great places to check out the week after the super moon. Looking forward to hit the sands...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread