joetanner

May 13, 2012
Northwest Alabama
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recommend the Compadre too as I own one and they have lifetime warranty! Doesnt have a screen but once you learn the tesoro sound and how the disc works you really dont need one. Even thought other detectors have a screen the only accurate way to tell the difference in a pull tab and a nickel is to dig it anyway. Basically the way the tesoro sound works is like this. If you hear a good smooth solid beep its good. If it sounds choppy at all its probably junk. You can get a used one on ebay for like 120. If you dont like it you could sell it on ebay for like 120. Happy hunting. My son has a ace 250 but I havent used it so I cant compare.

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
All Brands,Whites Garrett,Tesoro,Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
joetanner said:
I recommend the Compadre too as I own one and they have lifetime warranty! Doesnt have a screen but once you learn the tesoro sound and how the disc works you really dont need one. Even thought other detectors have a screen the only accurate way to tell the difference in a pull tab and a nickel is to dig it anyway. Basically the way the tesoro sound works is like this. If you hear a good smooth solid beep its good. If it sounds choppy at all its probably junk. You can get a used one on ebay for like 120. If you dont like it you could sell it on ebay for like 120. Happy hunting. My son has a ace 250 but I havent used it so I cant compare.

Yeah it's hard to turn away a Tesoro as a first detector,just gotta dig em!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread