s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife came into the room with the laptop in her hand. Did you know that a show called American Diggers was filming in Aiken she asked? (She's never seen this show) She showed me a clip from the show and almost immediately I see a road about a mile from our house as the crow flies. The clip showed where they claimed numerous plantations were in the area and I don't doubt that part. Then Savage is thrown off the property of several homeowners he had approached and let them know that his main priority was finding artifacts related to slavery. Then he finds a homeowner who will let him search for 25% of the finds. A short time later he pulls what looks suspiciously like a slave tag from a deep hole in the ground. I don't doubt that tags are here since I know of several being found locally. I do have my doubts about him conveinantly finding one so soon into his search.The clip ends with his bringing in a piece of heavy equipment to level the ground. I've seen his show twice and that was all I could stomach but I'll be watching wednesday night just because it was filmed here.

Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And thats Why I Have Never watched It Red And My Step son have told Me About the Show !!!! Not Interested!!! Chug Lots Of hype Not Much Else Chug

Archae33

Greenie
Oct 10, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
How disheartening. I wonder what he dug through and tossed to get to the bottom of the hole and plant the tag.

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
How disheartening. I wonder what he dug through and tossed to get to the bottom of the hole and plant the tag.

He should do a gardening show about how to plant stuff, where is here?:skullflag:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't everybody find slave tags when they detect around Charleston?
I thought that was a given? icon_lolsign.gif

OP
OP
s.c.shooter

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are over 2 hours from Charleston Digum, about an hour from the Capital of Columbia. Aiken was known as the winter colony back in the 1800's and the site of one of the last battles of the Civil War. Their were lot's of plantations here and I have a buddy who has found several slave tags around here. I haven't as yet been that lucky but I keep trying.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a buddy who has found several slave tags around here. I haven't as yet been that lucky but I keep trying.

That's because your not... drum roll please... Ric Savage, owner of the top artifact recovery company in the U.S.!

Sorry, I have to laugh at this guy, if not i'd be crying. I just pray to God that the show doesn't get renewed after this 13 weeks of hyped up melodramatic BS is over with.
June 13... the last time we will see the fat bast***, hopefully.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I still can't get over the "BOOOOOOOM BABY"....I really want to kick his ass.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still can't get over the "BOOOOOOOM BABY"....I really want to kick his ass.
I wrested in college, let's tag team the slob. We don't have to worry about him doing a flying mare from the top rope unless he brings the step ladder.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I wrested in college, let's tag team the slob. We don't have to worry about him doing a flying mare from the top rope unless he brings the step ladder.

Hahahahahahaha....I think we could beat the rolls off of that hog.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im thinking when we bounce him over the rope he doesn't make a booooom when he lands but more of a splaaaaaat.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Would probably sound like dropping a water balloon from a tall building.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would have to be dangerous and a biohazard for anyone within a 100 feet.

novafinder

Mar 18, 2011
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how long have you been detecting this area? i bet its been a while,and no slave tags that just proves that the show is fake.

OP
OP
s.c.shooter

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several years. Now I do know of a couple of guys who have found slave tags locally but they've been detecting in this area a long time. I'm sure their are more around here. In the show they graded off what was supposed to be a trash pit and then Savage reaches down and pulls out a tag. It looked awfully clean to me for just haveing been pulled from the dirt?

fieldslayer

Jun 13, 2010
relocated south jersey veteran finder
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Several years. Now I do know of a couple of guys who have found slave tags locally but they've been detecting in this area a long time. I'm sure their are more around here. In the show they graded off what was supposed to be a trash pit and then Savage reaches down and pulls out a tag. It looked awfully clean to me for just haveing been pulled from the dirt?
......... and pre - straightend bends to boot!!! :tongue3:

fieldslayer

Jun 13, 2010
relocated south jersey veteran finder
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I suppose I could be called somewhat hypocritical for trash talking this show while still watching each week , but honestly the production is soooooo poor and crammed with blunders and misinformation , I just can't wait to what he dreamed up next!!! I know lots of you watch for the same "comedic" reasons, but still,.....we are watching and adding to his ratings. Maybe the jokes on us! Well, meawhile, let me get back to my search for treasure stuffed air cleaners......

gcsod45

Tenderfoot
May 15, 2012
fieldslayer said:
I suppose I could be called somewhat hypocritical for trash talking this show while still watching each week , but honestly the production is soooooo poor and crammed with blunders and misinformation , I just can't wait to what he dreamed up next!!! I know lots of you watch for the same "comedic" reasons, but still,.....we are watching and adding to his ratings. Maybe the jokes on us! Well, meawhile, let me get back to my search for treasure stuffed air cleaners......

The same reason I use to watch Tom Massey do his gold show. He would fall on his Butt at least once every show. And there was the show he put a gold nugget in his mouth for safe keeping and then swallowed it.

ctalmadg

Jul 27, 2003
Honeoye Falls, NY (Fingerlakes Area)
Detector(s) used
White / Fisher / DJI Cellar Hole Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this episode. Total BS. The acting is terrible and the fact that he gets this slave tag on his first dig - and add in this box of prohibition gambling crap hidden in a wall . RED FLAG. Totally staged.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Yeah that square wall looked really out of place, and you would think that it would have been made out of brick not cinderblocks. Not to mention that Cannon that they "found" in a pond with no serious rust on it...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread