Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: American Diggers in my neighborhood

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2008
    Minelab Excal 2- Fisher F-2 - AT PRO
    54 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

American Diggers in my neighborhood

My wife came into the room with the laptop in her hand. Did you know that a show called American Diggers was filming in Aiken she asked? (She's never seen this show) She showed me a clip from the show and almost immediately I see a road about a mile from our house as the crow flies. The clip showed where they claimed numerous plantations were in the area and I don't doubt that part. Then Savage is thrown off the property of several homeowners he had approached and let them know that his main priority was finding artifacts related to slavery. Then he finds a homeowner who will let him search for 25% of the finds. A short time later he pulls what looks suspiciously like a slave tag from a deep hole in the ground. I don't doubt that tags are here since I know of several being found locally. I do have my doubts about him conveinantly finding one so soon into his search.The clip ends with his bringing in a piece of heavy equipment to level the ground. I've seen his show twice and that was all I could stomach but I'll be watching wednesday night just because it was filmed here.

us
    Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
    1192 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    And thats Why I Have Never watched It Red And My Step son have told Me About the Show !!!! Not Interested!!! Chug Lots Of hype Not Much Else Chug
    We live to detect, we detect to live!

"It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

us
    Oct 2011
    Kentucky
    How disheartening. I wonder what he dug through and tossed to get to the bottom of the hole and plant the tag.

us
    relic hunter

Dec 2011
    Cape Cod
    tesoro stingray
    80 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Archae33 View Post
    How disheartening. I wonder what he dug through and tossed to get to the bottom of the hole and plant the tag.
    He should do a gardening show about how to plant stuff, where is here?

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    2260 times
    Doesn't everybody find slave tags when they detect around Charleston?
    I thought that was a given? Name:  icon_lolsign.gif
Views: 6252
Size:  3.7 KB
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.

us
    Jul 2008
    54 times
    We are over 2 hours from Charleston Digum, about an hour from the Capital of Columbia. Aiken was known as the winter colony back in the 1800's and the site of one of the last battles of the Civil War. Their were lot's of plantations here and I have a buddy who has found several slave tags around here. I haven't as yet been that lucky but I keep trying.

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    2260 times
    Quote Originally Posted by s.c.shooter View Post
    I have a buddy who has found several slave tags around here. I haven't as yet been that lucky but I keep trying.

That's because your not... drum roll please... Ric Savage, owner of the top artifact recovery company in the U.S.!

Sorry, I have to laugh at this guy, if not i'd be crying. I just pray to God that the show doesn't get renewed after this 13 weeks of hyped up melodramatic BS is over with.
    June 13... the last time we will see the fat bast***, hopefully.
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    I still can't get over the "BOOOOOOOM BABY"....I really want to kick his ass.
    Why do they call it "Taking a dump" when you're actually leaving one?

Apr 2012
    Clark County Washington
    Tiger Shark 8" coil, Tejon 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones Whites TRX pointer Minelab Quattro, Garrett gold stinger
    210 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Coinstriking Michigan View Post
    I still can't get over the "BOOOOOOOM BABY"....I really want to kick his ass.
    I wrested in college, let's tag team the slob. We don't have to worry about him doing a flying mare from the top rope unless he brings the step ladder.
    It's no wonder truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. Mark Twain

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot zone View Post
    I wrested in college, let's tag team the slob. We don't have to worry about him doing a flying mare from the top rope unless he brings the step ladder.
    Hahahahahahaha....I think we could beat the rolls off of that hog.

Apr 2012
    Clark County Washington
    Tiger Shark 8" coil, Tejon 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones Whites TRX pointer Minelab Quattro, Garrett gold stinger
    210 times
    Im thinking when we bounce him over the rope he doesn't make a booooom when he lands but more of a splaaaaaat.
    It's no wonder truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. Mark Twain

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    Would probably sound like dropping a water balloon from a tall building.

Apr 2012
    Clark County Washington
    210 times
    Would have to be dangerous and a biohazard for anyone within a 100 feet.

ca
    Mar 2011
    nova scotia
    teknetics
    10 times
    how long have you been detecting this area? i bet its been a while,and no slave tags that just proves that the show is fake.

us
    Jul 2008
    54 times
    Several years. Now I do know of a couple of guys who have found slave tags locally but they've been detecting in this area a long time. I'm sure their are more around here. In the show they graded off what was supposed to be a trash pit and then Savage reaches down and pulls out a tag. It looked awfully clean to me for just haveing been pulled from the dirt?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors