Is the Teknetics T2 decent?

Mandizzle

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2012
Seattle area
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not terribly knowledgeable about detectors as I'm a newb, but know I'd rather invest a bit in one that's a little better than just choosing a more affordable one and end up throwing my money down the drain.

I'm considering the Teknetics T2. Anyone have one or familiar with the pros/cons? Is it user-friendly?

Usage-wise, I'd like it to be able to function in a bit of water and be able to find gold as well as coins, etc...and I'd like to have some idea of what I'm digging up beforehand.

Thanks all! (I'm really enjoying this website and all the great stories and opinions shared here!):hello:

Upvote 0

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Read my post on the Brands page for Fisher detectors. I went head to head with T2 while using a 20 year old analog Fisher CZ6.

OP
OP
Mandizzle

Mandizzle

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2012
Seattle area
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well..that doesn't make me feel terribly optimistic about the T2. Maybe I should refocus on ease of use. What's a good detector for beginners that's easy to use and get the hang of? (I don't want a complete piece of you-know-what of course, but it doesn't have to be the best on the market.) Will be used for mainly relic hunting...some gold.

x_muarcio_x

May 14, 2012
Sacramento, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well..that doesn't make me feel terribly optimistic about the T2. Maybe I should refocus on ease of use. What's a good detector for beginners that's easy to use and get the hang of? (I don't want a complete piece of you-know-what of course, but it doesn't have to be the best on the market.) Will be used for mainly relic hunting...some gold.

What's your budget on this?

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The T2 is a really good detector since the build problems were sorted (get a version 6.0 or later). As its single frequency its not going to perform as well as a multifrequency or P.I. detector on a wet salt beach. On the other hand it can be used to better effect than most single frequency detectors, is very light, has very low battery consumption and best of all a very quick recovery speed which is just whats needed in heavy trash areas.

Its very wrong to compare where one detector does well with another machines weak point. If you travel to Europe and go to any inland rally you will see dozens of T2's/F75's etc and almost no CZ's. I never used my CZ6a on land anywhere. There was always a better option. Doesn't mean the Fisher was no good just not the best choice.

Anyway the T2 is very easy to use and you will be able to detect with it all day without any need to resort to the hip or chest mount configerations that most multifrequency detectors require. The problem is that wet salt is its weak spot so if thats where your going to do most of your detecting it would be better to look elsewhere.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
I was amused by the title of this thread-- "decent?"

Like, does T2 wear its pants at half-mast? Does it use the F-word in ordinary conversation? Or ..... hmmmm, does it show cameltoe?

Or, does it attend regularly the church of its choice, signal before changing lanes, and put the toilet seat lid down?

But all that aside.... excellent post, U.K.

--Dave J.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I found it to be loud and obnoxious. I go detecting to relax, not to try and listen to that mess of sounds and pick good sounds out of it. I'm not suggesting it isn't a top notch detector but it gives me a headache.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just select what your comfortable with. You don't have to use Delta Pitch, four, three or two tones but can use it as a beep and dig detector at what discrimination level you require. Great thing is that within seconds you can use it to emulate whatever type of detector you prefer.

OP
OP
Mandizzle

Mandizzle

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2012
Seattle area
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
woof!--
That cracked me up. A girl does need a decent detector, you know... Too many uncouth, promiscuous bands out there. If I got caught with some 'ole dirty-talking tawdry thing, how embarrassing would that be?! Gosh!

-M

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This sounds like my garrett ace 350

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread