GARRETT AT PRO DEPTH ISSUE - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: GARRETT AT PRO DEPTH ISSUE

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2012
    S.E. Michigan.
    Minelab CTX 3030.... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
    2287 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I check my ground blance at intervals through out the hunt, and sometimes there big changes on the same site!. I have used the large DD and the smaller DD and have no problem finding dimes at 10 inches, with either one. Is there stuff between the coil and the coil cover, if you use one?
    1844 Canadian Half Cent ... (2) 1859 Canadian Large Cent... 1873 Three Cent Nickle... 2- 1864 U.S. 2 Cent Piece... 1858 Seated Half Dime... 1875 Seated Half Dollar... 1863 Fatty IH ... Civil War Eagle I button ... Frisbie's Civil War Store Token

Apr 2012
    NH
    AT Pro
    506 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by DougJorgie View Post
    I think I am having the same problem. My numbers are constantly jumpy and havent really found any coins deeper than 5 or 6 inches. I buried a clad quarter in my backyard at 8.5 to 9 inches down about 5-6 weeks ago and my AT Pro still doesn't find it at all. I has been rained on quite a few times also. I think I will be calling Garrett tomorrow morning. I am aso having problems with my Garrett Pro Pointer which they already replaced once. Garrett's customer service has been excellent so far but I would rather not need them at all.
    Something is wrong with it... I haven't found a lot of silver, but out of my last 6 silver dimes, only 1 was less than 7 inches.. most 8 to 10 in pretty hunted out parks. If it can get that on a silver dime, it should do better on a quarter. I dug two extremely worn colonial coppers 2 weeks ago with one at a measured 12" (confirmed by a friend but wet ground may have helped though).

Mar 2016
    52 times
    I just got the AT pro last week and I am having same issues. buried a mercury dime 5 inches and the at pro would only occasionally beep in pro custom mode,
    machine ground balanced sensitivity 80%. sat the dime on surface passed coil over the dime and the machine sounds off multiple beeps as like there was more then one dime. It almost acts like the coil is not in tune or calibrated correctly with the machine.

Jul 2014
    98 times
    Totally normal when coin on the surface to get multiple beeps as the coil boundaries pass over it. 5 inch depth limit totally abnormal assuming sensitivity setting is correct.

us
    OIF05+OEF08, 101st ABN DIV.

Dec 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
    607 times
    Metal Detecting
    Air test your AT pro, if it cant get a Dime at over 6 inches, send it in. My ATP had the same problem, couldnt pick up a half dollar at 7 inches... sent it in, and it came back HOTTT. Now it picks up dimes at 8-9 inches quarters half dollars at 10-11.

Apr 2015
    CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
    1325 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by mpro1 View Post
    So after so about 20hrs on the AT Pro....And some ground Depth testing.....This machine has less depth than my Ace 250 with the same size 8.5x11 DD Coil......The 250 picks up a silver quarter at 8" (Very intermittent but detectable) the AT Pro in Pro mode zero gets nothing?? Go figure. Contact Garrett?? VERY DISAPPOINTING!
    Does it pick it up in standard mode? Did you ground balance correctly?
    Minelab Equinox 800,Fisher CZ-21, Excalibur II

... waiting to see that elusive dowser on the beach with a bucket of gold rings ...

Mar 2016
    52 times
    pro mode sen max 7 inches on a dime max choppy right past 7 inches,, 7 inches on a silver quarter choppy at 8 inches. Coil issue or machine issue?

Mar 2016
    52 times
    I did a factory hard reset pro mode zero full sensitivity got a dime to read 7inches and a quarter about 9 inches. That is still a bit dis appointing to me but it is better the machine does have a two year warranty so before I go calling them I am going to
    give myself some more time with the machine. I am use to another machine i used for a long time and re learning takes patience and understanding and time. I will keep you udpated.

us
    Sep 2012
    D'Iberville MS
    E-Trac Equinox 800 Equinox 600
    792 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Ok you need 100 -200 hours on your ATP to actually learn it. Read everything you can online and believe me there are 100's of u-tube videos out there. After 25 -35 hours on my ATP I wanted to trash it but kept going. Right now I would put myself up against anyone with an ATP. I have found in excess of 2k with it
    U.B. likes this.

I don't detect for the stuff I find, I detect for the stuff I haven't found.

If I didn't find it I hope you did.

us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    889 times
    Inside the house you are going to get some interference. It takes practice just to be able to air test a target. Move smoothly and same level from left to right or right to left so target passes near the coil center. Coin facing the coil. Not too slowly--manual says three feet per second. Use USA coin. If the coil is near the ground, it must be ground balance properly. Be sure not to balance over iron. If you are using any discrimination you will not hear the iron in the ground when balancing and it will be way off.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

L-rods are obsolete.

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Sep 2019
    Brand new guy here. Came on this site looking for a solution to the same problem. Got an At-pro a couple years ago and it was hit or miss in the beginning. Now it seem to only find shallow targets. Tried a different coil (CORS Strike). Same results. One thing I noticed on mine that may be relevant. Is when I do a ground balance at the beach I have no chatter and no numeric change.. so basically stays at factory reset. I've tried manually changing but have not found a GB setting that changes things.. this is while operating in STD Zero, no disc.. I'm about ready to make the call as well. Has anyone returned a unit and found out what the specific problem is? Thanks everyone.. very humble, seeking advice !

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2018
    TN
    Equinox 800 (Main), Equinox 600(water machine), Anfibio Multi, F75+, T2SE, (Old Faithful) (Co Main), BHLRP, ACE 200
    46 times
    The only good thing Garrett makes are pin pointers.
    az46 likes this.

us
    Dec 2014
    187 times
    I had bad luck with garrett pinpointers. Never bought the orange one but had 2 propointers neither lasted more than a month before they became completely useless. Love the garrett gold pans though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links