New to TNET!

shern_0711

May 19, 2012
I have been looking for awhile an finally signed up..love it! My wife an I have been MDing for a year an a half so still new! We are moving to north Mississippi and don't have any sites to go to when we get there. Any suggestions for the holly springs, ms Potts camp, ms area? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have one possible site. My dad owns land on the tippah river in the general area where Colonel Potts had a big camp. Travelers would stay by him because he was very generous with giving out supplies. I found very little on google an don't know where else to look for more info. Any help or point in the right direction? I'm not very knowledgable on the research side yet. Once again any help would be appreciated!

Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard, Shern. I believe your first step would be latch up with the local club. MS will, without doubt, have relic clubs. Can you get ahold of a local platt map? Try parks, creek-side, church yards, schools, construction sites, under large trees, especially if they show debri (teen hangout). Note: some locations will require permission. Start eating where the OLD locals eat and talk about what they did and where, as a child. Talk up detecting and you may get an invite to look on his property. Many, many other spots too numerous to list here. Good luck. TTC

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to our world Shern.
The first place that I would go is the local Library and check out th local history section, I'm not sure but I think that N.B.Forrest Did awhole lot of recriuting in that area, And maybe some fighting too, Hook up with a Local MDing Relic hunting club, And maybe the local Historian, These are just a few othe places to start on finding places to hunt, Old News papers, Old timers your neibors, Good luck and let us know how it goes HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread