Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

May 2012

New to TNET!

I have been looking for awhile an finally signed up..love it! My wife an I have been MDing for a year an a half so still new! We are moving to north Mississippi and don't have any sites to go to when we get there. Any suggestions for the holly springs, ms Potts camp, ms area? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have one possible site. My dad owns land on the tippah river in the general area where Colonel Potts had a big camp. Travelers would stay by him because he was very generous with giving out supplies. I found very little on google an don't know where else to look for more info. Any help or point in the right direction? I'm not very knowledgable on the research side yet. Once again any help would be appreciated!

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1500 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Welcome aboard, Shern. I believe your first step would be latch up with the local club. MS will, without doubt, have relic clubs. Can you get ahold of a local platt map? Try parks, creek-side, church yards, schools, construction sites, under large trees, especially if they show debri (teen hangout). Note: some locations will require permission. Start eating where the OLD locals eat and talk about what they did and where, as a child. Talk up detecting and you may get an invite to look on his property. Many, many other spots too numerous to list here. Good luck. TTC
    Hoy es un regalo de Dios.

us
    Jan 2011
    Dalton,Ga.
    Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
    447 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Welcome to our world Shern.
    The first place that I would go is the local Library and check out th local history section, I'm not sure but I think that N.B.Forrest Did awhole lot of recriuting in that area, And maybe some fighting too, Hook up with a Local MDing Relic hunting club, And maybe the local Historian, These are just a few othe places to start on finding places to hunt, Old News papers, Old timers your neibors, Good luck and let us know how it goes HH

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams-

Sponsors