Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
When water is available for more than drinking i use a linen napkin. Wet then wring lightly .can be worn loose around neck or under a hat draping over back of neck. Light weave and color loose clothes. Slower speed. Keep up on fluids. Hunt early,late,or after dark. Happy hunting.

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I pee on my t-shirt and wrap it around my head...

I learned this technique from Bear Grylles and it's been very effective in high heat!!

OP
OP
TENNESSEEGAL

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
releventchair said:
When water is available for more than drinking i use a linen napkin. Wet then wring lightly .can be worn loose around neck or under a hat draping over back of neck. Light weave and color loose clothes. Slower speed. Keep up on fluids. Hunt early,late,or after dark. Happy hunting.

Great tips Revelent! Thank you!

OP
OP
TENNESSEEGAL

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TRanegar36 said:
I pee on my t-shirt and wrap it around my head...

I learned this technique from Bear Grylles and it's been very effective in high heat!!

TRanegar, that'd be kind of hard,cause I'm a girl and hunt in a lot of public places. If I send you my Tshirt will you do the honors. ;)

submarine

May 19, 2012
I'm in Kentucky and its getting hot here to. I found a thing at Walmart that you soak in cold water then put around your neck. It stays cool for hours. I can't remember what its called, but it looks like short snake and feels like a bean bag.

Sent from a hole 10 feet deep with nothing in it!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a camelbac, I wear one always when I go detecting, always have nice cool water, tea or some other sugar free beverage with me............

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I carry a camel back and one of those collapsable chairs. When I need a break, out comes the chair and I sit down.... and take a break. TTC

OP
OP
TENNESSEEGAL

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone! I appreciate it! I've got some shopping to do!

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let's see, 54 degrees, raining, and snow above 4,000 feet here today. Guess I'm not worried about cooling off. Just put another piece of oak on the fire.

:dontknow:

Slowwalker

May 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a mister that I use on hot days. it fits in a water bottle holder, pump it up and it sprays a cool mist. It's great for cooling down but it evaporates quickly.

GhostTown

Greenie
Oct 30, 2005
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the Camel Back and neck wraps. I also usually try to wear white and also wear a hat. Where I live it's usually around 105 all summer :BangHead:

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all usa metal detector users are already cool a cross between Indiana Jones and the fronz thats the way we brits see it over here we tend to be classed as geeky history buffs

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My way to beat the heat is get out in the early morning. If I can't get out in the morning then I drink plenty of water to stay cool.
-Swartzie

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We're metal detecting, there's nothing cool about it :P

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do??? Absolutely nothing, I'm even cooler than the Fonz was in his day Aaaaaaa :thumbsup:

Stay hydrated, another thing you might want to try is add curry to your diet. I'm surprised that Metal Mania didn't mention that little tidbit. My Brit grandfather, and great, great grandfather were big lovers of curry in the summer here and passed that along to me :thumbsup:

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pour some Sea Breeze and water on a bandana, then wear around your neck. Makes you feel cooler for awhile.
Re-wet as needed.

Laf

OP
OP
TENNESSEEGAL

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GhostTown said:
I agree with the Camel Back and neck wraps. I also usually try to wear white and also wear a hat. Where I live it's usually around 105 all summer :BangHead:

OUCH! Maybe I should quit complaining! LOL

OP
OP
TENNESSEEGAL

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal mania said:
all usa metal detector users are already cool a cross between Indiana Jones and the fronz thats the way we brits see it over here we tend to be classed as geeky history buffs

Hahaha! Love it Metal!

OP
OP
TENNESSEEGAL

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Do??? Absolutely nothing, I'm even cooler than the Fonz was in his day Aaaaaaa :thumbsup:

Stay hydrated, another thing you might want to try is add curry to your diet. I'm surprised that Metal Mania didn't mention that little tidbit. My Brit grandfather, and great, great grandfather were big lovers of curry in the summer here and passed that along to me :thumbsup:

Well now that is interesting! I have never heard of that! Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread