Whites VX3

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could be a misunderstanding on your part. The VX3 is not simple to operate to its best, its just easier than its big brother as you have less options though you can just stick to the pre sets but then it would have been better to have saved money and just bought a cheaper detector.

All metal is often regarded as the deepest seeking mode with most detectors. Its not always true but seems to be just because any degree of discrimination cuts a detectors performance to some degree. Pulling the trigger towards you puts you in all metal if you want to compare depth performance. You do have the choice with the high end Whites of motion or non motion all metal ie motion required to get a signal or non motion when the coil can be held over a target or stuck down a tight hole with no need to swing it left or right which can be a real advantage at times.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the Vision which is the same thing as the V3i, they just had to change the name because of some trademark issue.

All metal is just that...it does NOT discriminate out junk like pull tabs, tin foil, iron, etc. And according to White's, without the discrimination, this setting is the deepest seeking. The various preset programs like Coin & Jewelry, coins, etc. have preset discriminating of tin foil, pull tabs, etc so the machine "sees" just the good stuff you're concentrating on.

I understand that the VX3 has less whistles to confuse you but even the big brother can be mastered fairly easy. Reading the manual is the key and start out just adjusting the easiest settings and go from there. Use the preset programs until you understand what the various sounds and readings are telling you and once you figure that out, it's all cake from there. Practice, practice, practice!

Al

OP
OP
dburdick

dburdick

May 17, 2012
Towanda, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deepskyal said:
I have the Vision which is the same thing as the V3i, they just had to change the name because of some trademark issue.

All metal is just that...it does NOT discriminate out junk like pull tabs, tin foil, iron, etc. And according to White's, without the discrimination, this setting is the deepest seeking. The various preset programs like Coin & Jewelry, coins, etc. have preset discriminating of tin foil, pull tabs, etc so the machine "sees" just the good stuff you're concentrating on.

I understand that the VX3 has less whistles to confuse you but even the big brother can be mastered fairly easy. Reading the manual is the key and start out just adjusting the easiest settings and go from there. Use the preset programs until you understand what the various sounds and readings are telling you and once you figure that out, it's all cake from there. Practice, practice, practice!

Al

Where are you from

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread