New to metal detecting In Winter Park Florida

pinno

Greenie
May 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just bought a metal detector today . Didn't have a lot to spend for one but i found a Bounty Hunter 1st Texas Pilot and decided to get it . Only thing i don't like is i cant use head phones and no volume control . I can not complain for the price . Anyone near me or anyone have any tips for me ? I went into the back yard in the dark for about 30 min and this is what i found . Didn't know i had this much trash in my yard lol and i have a lot more yard to check . but i can already tell that i am hooked First finds.jpg

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome From White Plains, New York! I was born in Winter Park!!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you get what you pay for - more bells and whisles cost more $$$
if you really get hooked - up grade -

OroJoeDude

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to agree with Casper in whole, in addition the more experience you gain detecting the sooner you will find yourself wanting a better detector.
There is no comparison in a precision machine that has the right "bells and whistles " you will come to enjoy!
Good Luck and HH!
OJD

cra61

Jul 9, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2+
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett "carrot" Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to detecting! I will be headed your way soon as Winter Springs is the home of Kellyco, a detector store, and since I live in Kissimmee and am looking to upgrade from my BH Quick Draw II to perhaps the BH 503 or 505 pro I am not too far away. I am originally from NH and have more than paid for my detector over the past 10-12 years in small change alone. If you ever want to get together let me know via notifications here.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pinno, hold off on the upgrade. Work with what you have! Learn it. Work it. Does it have a display? If so, disconnect the speaker, it uses more battery than any circuit in a detector. Use the display and save your sanity. (make the speaker mod so you can plug it back in if disired) I lived in FL for about tens years. Mostly hunted salt beaches. You have good potential around Winter Park. Do not let anyone dissuade you while using your BH. Put some hours on it. And welcome to the Net.... the BEST on the internet! Let us know what you find. TTC

Kellyco Joe

Jul 30, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
E-Trac
Tesoro Tejon
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When u get a chance.

Just bought a metal detector today . Didn't have a lot to spend for one but i found a Bounty Hunter 1st Texas Pilot and decided to get it . Only thing i don't like is i cant use head phones and no volume control . I can not complain for the price . Anyone near me or anyone have any tips for me ? I went into the back yard in the dark for about 30 min and this is what i found . Didn't know i had this much trash in my yard lol and i have a lot more yard to check . but i can already tell that i am hooked View attachment 638911

Come on by Kellco, we are just up the road from you (1085 Belle Ave., Winter Springs) and we have lots of experts you can talk with and come and see the Museum!

Also, you might consider joining a club, the Central Florida Metal Detecting Club meets in Lake Mary / Sanford, and is a well attended club close to you.

Central Florida Metal Detecting Club

Welcome to detecting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread