Silver Testing

atirasmom

May 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have NO clue if I should be posting this here or where I should be...but the site was recommended by Google and the thread mades *somewhat* sense IMHO.

ANYWAY :)

I'm new to dealing in estate auctions, antiquities, collectibles, HTF items, and similar. I am mainly working with vintage jewelry and Victorian Era pieces (again, especially jewelry). I bought an acid testing kit that isn't worth a crap (purchased on Ebay). It's been YEARS since I've worked in Fine Jewelry stores (managed several mid-end stores when I was 18-21) and I need something other than this messy, disgusting, stinky, useless acid kit.

Does it help that I can't see anything - even WITH my contacts/glass? Nope. lol

I need something that will SAFELY test jewelry without harming it, leaves no imprints or defects on the item(s), doesn't STINK, is fast working, inexpensive but accurate - Silver (and probably Gold as well) testing kit of some sort.
What are your recs.?

Note: I MAY want to carry this with me to the auctions with me occasionally IF possible (no problem if not), as some people may want to purchase an item from me before I actualy leave the building(s).

Any and ALLLL help is HIGHLY appreciated!!! Oh, and are we allowed to post our email address on threads?

Thanks!!!

Rachel

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread