Needing help from military personal (bomb disposal division)

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed quite a few ex army mine detecting metal detectors for sale on eBay any of you guys used them and are they any good for general metal detecting or are they tuned only to find mines.

Any information especially from guys or gals that have used them would be great I suspect getting technical information may be hard.

Upvote 0

jesse63b

Greenie
Apr 30, 2012
Western Wi. Largest 6 Pack of Beer
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no. I have been trained in the last year on them. They are not like a civilian MD. there is no way to discriminate metals on it,there is but without proper training on it you would never understand. it is all by tones only. one big thing you need to do before using these is you need to calibrate the MD before each use." takes a long time to do this" the sweet spot on these is about a 3 inch circle target area. they are very heavy compared to a civilian MD by about 4 Lbs. or more. Very very bulky, and not so much adjustable as compared to the MD us hobbyists use. I have been in the military for 20 years and still going, just so you know im not feeding you a line of BS. they do have other features on them that i am am not at liberty to disclose on here. Bottom line i would rather myself use a civilian MD then the ones the Military use. used them both on training lanes and the civilian ones are much easier to decipher what you are looking for.You are able to pinpoint with it though has a built in feature, and ill leave it at that

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread