Location Location Location

JustMidge

May 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could have sworn i posted this already but i can not find it, so if I have, my apologies.
I am currently living in an apartment complex with 3 other tenants in my building and literally 500 to 1000 more all around me. I share a back yard with about 50 other people who are mostly on one year leases that do not re sign. My point is there are a lot of people that are circulating in and out, mostly a younger crowd so i doubt they care that much.
So i guess my question is has anybody had particular luck with APT's? There is even bigger ones around me, even a College campus( not sure what the rules are on that). I know a lot of people say beaches and parks. I think i would feel a little weird by myself in a park just hunting around... But there are a lot of smaller beaches around the lake in my area so i would guess that's a good place to start.
Anybody know how the Garrett Ace 250 fairs is wet sand shallow beach area? If there are any good locations that i have not mentioned (that would apply for Kentucky) please let me know.

Thank you all for the advice.
Happy hunting

Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Common areas at apt. complexes are good for turf hunting. Lots of fumble fingers coin-losses, so if they're pre-dating 1960s-, then could be silver in them. As for college campus dorm apartments, is this a public college? (as opposed to a private campus)? If so, I'd hit them. Naturally ANYONE can gripe if they wanted to. So .... like ANY place, you pick low -traffic times, etc.....

OP
OP
J

JustMidge

May 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it is an open campus, I've just never seen anyone hunting in the area...Which i guess is a good thing

Virgin Ground!! :)

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try the grassy area between the sidewalk and the street...this is where a lot of dropped items seem to end up as people exit and enter their cars, also check grassy areas near designated parking areas, think walking toward car and pulling keys from pocket

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've found many many coins under park benches in unhunted areas. Not sure what kind of things this is used for or what type of furniture is around.

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As for the Ace250, I have had no issues detecting on wet sandy freshwater beaches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread