jesse63b

Greenie
Apr 30, 2012
Western Wi. Largest 6 Pack of Beer
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
noticed on my way home monday that some construction was about to begin in a small town. drove through it on my way home tonight, and there it was a good section just freshly torn up. got out and looked for about 15 min. cause thats all the time i had since i had things to do. popped up these two beauties.
a 1867 indian head, and a 1875 dime

Attachments

• 5-29-2012.jpg
    5-29-2012.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 217
Upvote 0

Chrystal

Apr 5, 2012
Pauls Valley, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your post made me think of a very old building they just tore down in the next town over. I may have to go check that out tomorrow. Cool finds!!! :thumbsup:

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job. Those are old coins for sure. Keep your eye on that spot or talk to the workers to see if they plan on tearing up some more sidewalk.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good work! I have never done really well on old sidewalks. A couple of wheats is all. Tnx. TTC

OP
OP
jesse63b

jesse63b

Greenie
Apr 30, 2012
Western Wi. Largest 6 Pack of Beer
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back this morning and found two more indian heads. 1890, and 1899. Decided to try the same spot early in a.m. cause of traffic and was getting interfearance picking up signals and what not. It must have worked. Just learned my lesson on double checking spots.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a rare find for old sidewalks. People think that they are going to find a treasure trove of goodies and are usually skunked.

Good finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions