Teknetics delta 4000?

Chrystal

Apr 5, 2012
Pauls Valley, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so i can pretty much tell what signals are the coins, except the nickles because they are in the pull tabs and bottle top range. So Today i set my discrimination level up to zinc which is in the 75 range and higher and found some coins. Should i set it this high? Should i mess with it at all? What ranges would gold and silver be in? I have yet to find either with my detector. Any ideas or advice? Id surely appreciate it, thanks!!! :dontknow:

Upvote 0

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
With disc up to zinc you'll lose the nickels, but at least you'll knock out most of the smaller aluminum. In general gold will fall in the foil and nickel range, and silver will tend to be higher, but all that depends mostly on the size and shape of the jewelry (or whatever) in question, larger will tend to produce higher numbers. In order to find gold or silver, the searchcoil has to go over the top of it and then you have to dig it-- not a lot of gold and silver out there.

For a more detailed discussion I suggest posting in the Teknetics forum where the other Delta users are.

--Dave J.

OP
OP
C

Chrystal

Apr 5, 2012
Pauls Valley, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i guess my best bet is just to dig all the signals, i would love to find gold or silver one of these days!!! Thanks dave!!!

novafinder

Mar 18, 2011
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i use the same machine and i use the all metal mode (a1) if its a coin it will be a solid signal and the numbers wont vary much but if you want to discriminate just take out iron and if you put your coil over any gold you will find it
good luck

silver dime 83-85
lead bullet 58-60
and gold will be in the same range as lead

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread