Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Whats the strangest thing you have found Metal Detecting?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2011
    Dalton,Ga.
    Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
    448 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by nsdq View Post
    a pair of panties
    I'm scared to ask how those registered..............lmao

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams-

us
    Do not forget me 24601

Oct 2011
    Indiana
    Tesoro Sidewinder, White's Coinmaster, White's Surfmaster II
    293 times
    Metal Detecting
    On a small island in a Florida park, on the beach...a freaking car bumper. I was almost a yard down...I could just touch it with my arm all the way in the hole and my fingers outstretched.

us
    Oct 2011
    penn state
    ace 150, flea market digger
    350 times
    well to answer that there was a quarter inside them so they shown as a coin on the ace 150,but even plucking coin out of the ground i do some how run into a rain coat from time to time
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunrunner61 View Post
    I'm scared to ask how those registered..............lmao

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Treasure Probe IV, Minelab E-Trac. White's 6000 Di Pro SL. White's Eagle ll SL90, Minelab Excalibur, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, TinyTec, AutoScan, UniProbe, 15" WOT, 5X10 Joey, Stea
    1259 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Yesterday at the beach, I got a good signal in the dry sand and dug down about 16" or so and found a quart (maybe liter?) size beer bottle. I'm thinking, what the heck set that thing off? I dig the hole out a little more and put my coil down inside, and nothing. I swing it over the bottle again and get a good signal. What the.....I look inside the bottle and it's empty. I then realized it was the label on the bottle making my detector sing! I didn't realize that beer companies were making metalic labels.

us
    Jul 2008
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark
    Yesterday at the beach, I got a good signal in the dry sand and dug down about 16" or so and found a quart (maybe liter?) size beer bottle. I'm thinking, what the heck set that thing off? I dig the hole out a little more and put my coil down inside, and nothing. I swing it over the bottle again and get a good signal. What the.....I look inside the bottle and it's empty. I then realized it was the label on the bottle making my detector sing! I didn't realize that beer companies were making metalic labels.
    I had the same thing happen to me except it was metallic paint on what I believe to be an old miller high life bottle shards.

Sent from my Android using TreasureNet

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2123 times
    I once found a boat anchor about a 1' down. It had a rope on it. I followed the roap about 2' further down and would you believe? It was tied to the bow of a rowboat. I kept the anchor.

After a bad storm, the beach was cut about 8'. I started detecting the vertical sand wall that was left hoping for a really old find. I got a signal about 6' down the wall. I brushed away the sand and looked in. The hole looked back at me. Yes there was an eyeball looking back at me! It turned out to be the lens of an old German Leica camera that had "silvered over with age and exposure to salt. There was also the remains of a radio of some type with old style Wax capacitors. Not much left from either. I surmise they were left by spies during WWII on the Delaware shore.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coins_0012 1euro eagle_edited-1.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	671582  
    Last edited by Frankn; Sep 05, 2012 at 10:46 AM.

us
    Feb 2008
    SE Missouri
    garage sale oldie
    846 times
    TH'ing, fishing, reading, cooking
    while searching homestead site, I found an oval picture frame complete with leaded glass just lying on top of the ground. the home was just a pile of debris, & cattle had been run on the property for who knows how long. to find it, glass intact, seemed nothin short of a miracle to me.
    dancing in the fire!

us
    Oct 2009
    1906 times
    Dang, after reading all these strange finds I feel kinda sad. I've found anything stranger than a metal pot pipe. Great posts everyone!

us
    Apr 2012
    Riverside,California
    MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
    640 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I found a diabetic needle @ a tot lot as my strangest find,for my coolest find is my Gold ring,,HH

us
    Sep 2011
    9 times
    Hibernating toad and a hibernating lizard - two different locations. Best - Continental Army USA button.

mx
    Jun 2005
    pachuca mexico
    deus xp v2.0,cscope 1220xd,yukon compass 77b(automatic and no automatic)nautilus IIB,teknetics mark I
    9 times
    Strangest thing I detected was a large glass bottle whit steel cap and inside ash,visicous liquid,and a hard black wax male figure whit a large steel needle.I was detecting in Acapulco´s beach

us
    Sep 2007
    Sal Sagev Adaven
    E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,, GB PRO.
    24 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by BallsDeep View Post
    LOL!!! gunna be hard to beat!
    I was at a park early one morning last year and I found a stripper on a pole.
    I'll just follow you with My E-trac, Sov GT,or GoldBug Pro.

um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    2548 times
    Okay, this comes up every so often here so i'll post it again. The strangest thing I found while detecting was a goats head. I didn't actually dig it but it was lying there on the public beach in Ft.Lauderdale. Here's the story- http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...phic-some.html

and here's the pic-
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	goat head lauderdale.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	671776

Strangest thing I ever dug was a gold crown with a partial tooth still in it. No pic sorry.
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.

us
    Jul 2008
    40 times
    My wife and I went camping 2 weekends ago and of course I brought my detector. My wife usually runs the detector and I dig. She is 37 weeks pregnant and wasnt quite up to the task so I ran solo. I didn't find much but my wife seemed to find something every time she left or returned to our campsite. I'm pulling melted pop can blobs and rotted zincolns out of the rock hard dry ground in the heat, at a pathetic rate and she comes back from the bathroom with stories of some knife throwing, barking, butt naked hippy chicks building a cabin out of salvaged wood two campsites up from us. Of course I have to hide my curiosity and go back to it, the next time she leaves and comes back she walks toward the tent and stops 5 feet from a massive hole I have labored over for 15 minutes which likely contains another pop can sitting perfectly on end buried 16 inches down ( found two of them and a Vienna sausage can.) and says " oh, when did you find this?" and picks up a pocket knife. Great, she just casually found something better than 1.5 days of my finds combined. 45 minutes later she leaves and comes back again, walks over to another fruitless hole I have dug and once again says " oh, what's this" reaches in the bushes and pulls out a brand new rod, reel and lure someone had stashed there. My finds amounted to $1.73 in clad and one gold plated earring. My wife found 2 naked, knife throwing hippy chicks, a Gerber pocket knife and a brand new rod, reel and lure.

us
    Aug 2012
    Central Illinois
    Garrett AT Pro
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronH View Post
    My wife and I went camping 2 weekends ago and of course I brought my detector. My wife usually runs the detector and I dig. She is 37 weeks pregnant and wasnt quite up to the task so I ran solo. I didn't find much but my wife seemed to find something every time she left or returned to our campsite. I'm pulling melted pop can blobs and rotted zincolns out of the rock hard dry ground in the heat, at a pathetic rate and she comes back from the bathroom with stories of some knife throwing, barking, butt naked hippy chicks building a cabin out of salvaged wood two campsites up from us. Of course I have to hide my curiosity and go back to it, the next time she leaves and comes back she walks toward the tent and stops 5 feet from a massive hole I have labored over for 15 minutes which likely contains another pop can sitting perfectly on end buried 16 inches down ( found two of them and a Vienna sausage can.) and says " oh, when did you find this?" and picks up a pocket knife. Great, she just casually found something better than 1.5 days of my finds combined. 45 minutes later she leaves and comes back again, walks over to another fruitless hole I have dug and once again says " oh, what's this" reaches in the bushes and pulls out a brand new rod, reel and lure someone had stashed there. My finds amounted to $1.73 in clad and one gold plated earring. My wife found 2 naked, knife throwing hippy chicks, a Gerber pocket knife and a brand new rod, reel and lure.

PRICELESS!!!
    Lady Pirate likes this.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors