Whats the strangest thing you have found Metal Detecting?

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0

abbynormal

Sep 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably hermit crabs-- I buried several in little boxes when I was a child. Looked like big snail shells. Someone would maybe find those at my parents old house--- I buried all kinds of stuff as a child, actually.....I even buried a sucrets tin with a collection of things like a garter snake skin, locust shells, horn beetle shell, etc. I wanted to keep them hid from my Mom so she wouldn't throw them out. Buried them near my "fort" that I had as a child made out of plywood and scavenged pieces of an old barn that was renovated. It was kind of the "leaning fort"- I wasn't a very good carpenter when I was 8. :laughing7:

seekandfind

Jul 7, 2012
northwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 101/505
ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About a ten inch gardening trowel barried two inches under soil right near the monkey bars in tot lot, thought I was diggin a nickel. Used it for a month till I broke it,next.

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 Garrett Pro pointer
Minelab X-Terra 305 Garrett pro pointer(Fake one got ripped off!)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first cache turned out to be a addict's stash, 2nd was a old artillery shell I called the bomb squad. They came and disposed of it. Come to find out that it was a live practice shell inert. Was worried about blowing myself up..lol Inside Cache.jpg bomb!.jpg

doc801

Dec 5, 2012
EAST RIDGE, TN
Detector(s) used
GARRET ACE 250, BOUNTY HUNTER PIONEER 202
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My was a full 6 pack of Keystone Beer at the beach

krbtrans

Greenie
May 4, 2011
BallsDeep said:
Whats the strangest thing you have dug up? whats the coolest thing?

mine so far as strange would be a plastic pen, (metal eraser band) and the coolest being a Japanese yen or the silver ring from recent.

My strangest was in the first couple weeks of water detecting. Got the famous foil signal dug a 14kt Jesus pendant then within ten minutes got same signal and dug 2 front teeth from a partial top. A couple months later and about 150 yards from the two teeth spot dug the rest of the top plate "matching" the two teeth. A week later at same beach dug another top plate partial. I was like wth!!! Lol

Dan0965

Feb 26, 2013
My Strangest find was a large round witches pentacle which was a not march larger than dollar coin,It's made out of bronze or copper.Kinda spooky I think lol.Its old for sure because modern pentacles are made out of aluminum/wood etc.I live in Massachusetts so it is remote possibly it was related too the great witch hunt in the 16-1700's.

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pull tabs haha

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a steel ammo can full of toys and trinkets... took it home and later found out that it was a geocache. Upon discovering this I took it back out and re-hid it where I found it.

Firewolf

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2013
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Propointer
My wife and I went camping 2 weekends ago and of course I brought my detector. My wife usually runs the detector and I dig. She is 37 weeks pregnant and wasnt quite up to the task so I ran solo. I didn't find much but my wife seemed to find something every time she left or returned to our campsite. I'm pulling melted pop can blobs and rotted zincolns out of the rock hard dry ground in the heat, at a pathetic rate and she comes back from the bathroom with stories of some knife throwing, barking, butt naked hippy chicks building a cabin out of salvaged wood two campsites up from us. Of course I have to hide my curiosity and go back to it, the next time she leaves and comes back she walks toward the tent and stops 5 feet from a massive hole I have labored over for 15 minutes which likely contains another pop can sitting perfectly on end buried 16 inches down ( found two of them and a Vienna sausage can.) and says " oh, when did you find this?" and picks up a pocket knife. Great, she just casually found something better than 1.5 days of my finds combined. 45 minutes later she leaves and comes back again, walks over to another fruitless hole I have dug and once again says " oh, what's this" reaches in the bushes and pulls out a brand new rod, reel and lure someone had stashed there. My finds amounted to $1.73 in clad and one gold plated earring. My wife found 2 naked, knife throwing hippy chicks, a Gerber pocket knife and a brand new rod, reel and lure.

Sent from my Android using TreasureNet

Did she at least allow you to keep the hippie chicks ;)

I Dig Jesus

Feb 10, 2013
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster DB / Classic ID / M6 Matrix / & now The Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Strangest was civil war lead and bone false teeth,(bottom half I think). ( I was wondering if there was a body in there!) coolest, was a 10K Shriner's ring.

Firewolf

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2013
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Propointer
Hello all, I am new to the group, though I have been reading it for some time now. Seems like you have a great group of people here for the most part.

I started MDing in my teens (mid 80s) and just recently restarted. But back then my strangest and best find would have been a Sucrets tin buried in the alley behind my parents house. When I dig it, needless to say I was underwhelmed. Then I opened it and found 2 $20 bills stapled together. Big money in the 80s for a 13 year old kid. Later that week, I found 2 more 20's stapled together, this time without the box, so it was really lucky that I found it with the staples being the only metal. Again luckily, there were like 10 staples in it. The weird part is that they were all newer $20's, all printed within a few years of when I found them. But hey, I didn't need to know the story behind them, at 13, $40 is $40. Hell, NOW $40 is $40 :happysmiley:

jkobrewme

Feb 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the far end of my property, where the woods have started to reclaim an old field there is a fire pit, since I have owned the house there has aways been overgrowth here so I hever have used the pit and instead built my own on the edge of my lawn. When I got my F2 i decided to hunt this area where the old Fire Pit was, about 5 mins into the hunt I unearthed a tube of lube, "Interesting" i thought to myself, about 4 feet away I hit another signal... an old condom wrapper.... WHAT WAS THIS FIRE PIT USED FOR!!!!!!

the coolest thing I have found was a of copper Sleigh Bell

bottlecapjack

Greenie
Feb 26, 2013
I found something interesting on my property. When I first got my MD, my girlfriend and I kinda went nuts and detected almost everything. Around a tree in the side yard we found a hot wheels cars. Then another, then another. All circling this tree. We had just moved here and I remember the previous owner telling us about a kid that was killed by his brother here and supposedly haunted this place (another story for a paranormal forum). Anyways, about halfway around this tree, unearthing cool hot wheel after cool (old) hot wheel, we both start to remember this story of this kid. After not much discussion we reverse, re-burying these little cars back where we had found them. Im a little superstitious, maybe. There were some REALLY COOL little cars buried there too! I looked a few of them up on Ebay as we went, and a couple worth more than a couple bucks, IF not having been buried for years and in slightly better shape. The end

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan0965 said:
My Strangest find was a large round witches pentacle which was a not march larger than dollar coin,It's made out of bronze or copper.Kinda spooky I think lol.Its old for sure because modern pentacles are made out of aluminum/wood etc.I live in Massachusetts so it is remote possibly it was related too the great witch hunt in the 16-1700's.

OMGGGGG!!!! That sooooo would be creepy!!!! Do you still have it Dan?? & if so...can you use it to cast spells on people? LOL!! Now wouldn't that be AWESOMEEEE!!!!

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gleaner1 said:
Is this one dead yet? No, I mean the thread, not the body I have wrapped in aluminum foil buried balls deep in my back yard. That would be cool to find. Certainly one of the bestest most coolest strangest finds imaginable. It might happen.

ROFLLLL....ughhhh Gleaner....thats CREEPY!!! 💪😡

metaldetecta

Jun 10, 2013
Michigan Troll
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro and Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coolest thing I have ever found was a copper ccc ring. The most strange was a saw going through a tree in a late 1800s house.

doc801

Dec 5, 2012
EAST RIDGE, TN
Detector(s) used
GARRET ACE 250, BOUNTY HUNTER PIONEER 202
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My strangest find was my first out on a Rhode Island beach. Finding a lot of trash and then hit a strong signal. Only trouble showing deep. After digging checking and more digging. I hit the mother lode. A complete 6 pack of KEYSTONE BEER.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread