Cruel Are The Snow Gods!

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Don't want to waste anyones time here whining. In fact I was a major contributor to the "Stop Global Whining" campaign of the 1990's. But enough is enough. A new hobby is not supposed to amount to this kind of frustration. I ordered my new MXT on December 26th and that's when it all started. I bought every publication available that had anything to do with TH. They are in shreds in every corner of my home from overuse. I've spent hours at the library researching all available reference materials, (people were actually beginning to think I was the librarian!) I have spent a record amount of time at this keyboard, ney at this site, only compounding the problem. (You guys are expert at selling this pastime and should really consider franchises!) The shipper, after having tortured me to his greatest extent, finally got her shipped on the 3rd of January. Back to the keyboard to make numerous hits at Fedex.com to track the shipments' progress. And now, the storm of the century to shut down shipping lanes over the continental divide. (A word of caution to would be buyers, saving a few bucks is far outweighed by walking out of the store with MD in hand.) Oh if only I could touch her! To throw a handful of clad out on the carpet and play with all her knobs! Curse the snow, damn the skiiers. Why oh why?!?!?

Upvote 0

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Hey, if you wanted the MXT you could have diven to Golden and had one in your hand in about ten minutes. That store is expensive and a MXT there would have cost you $840.00.

I'm sure you didn't pay that much buying it on line.

Onion

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Old man winters beaten the snot out of the whole northeast!!, I got an ice storm coming my way. Wont be getting out any time soon.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Hey Kenb, I already got the ice storm. Think I'll try out some of my grandkid's leftover firecrackers to blow a hole in the ice if I get a signal. ;)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Sorry to hear about your luck...
We were snowed in over the Christmas Holiday, but a break came in the weather around New Years. I figured I better sneak out while I could...
Glad I did, I got my first silver of the year, a 1913 Barber Dime.

You may have seen the post, it's under Leon, started by bergie:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,5359.0/topicseen.html

It's back to being in the house for me. It's getting cold here, again...
Hope you get to try it out soon, and I'm sure that all the reading & research will pay off for ya...
Good LUck & Happy Hunting~

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Stoney what state are you in, I'm on LI in NY it's 4:00 here and we've got nothing yet, my luck the Sky's will open just as I'm heading home from work

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Hey Kenb, I'm from northern Okla. It started last night about 1AM Central. We have about 1" ice on roads and trees-now is just snowing. Fri. supposed to be 55/60 daytime.

OP
OP
Colorado2

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Thing is Onion. I could have bought one here for $650. But bein' that I'm a cheap sob I found one in Sacramento, CA for $580.00 shipped. That's what's making it hard to wait.....I started looking in October.... finally decided what I wanted to have in November....Shopped around for price through December....I used up all my patience. When I pull the trigger I want to see something fall. Maybe that truck will get through tomorrow~

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Without power here sinse Noon Thursday, Had to go to my sisters to play here. PPL tells me I have to wait till midnight tonite for power. then it's a matter of if the cable lines are up. :(

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hey Jeff,,, Are you one of the lucky ones that got caught in that ice storm.
I seen alittle bit about it on the news, but didn't catch were it was at...
Hope ya get back up & run'n soon...
Good Luck!

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Lousy ice/snow in NY. My flight to Calif. was cancelled last night, so I get a couple extra days with the family and can do my meeting in Calif. by phone from here today, so not a bad deal anyway. However, detecting is out even for me with my hammer and chisel I bought.

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Ice storm didn't happen only rain, nice day today but another round of rain on its way for the weekend, Long Island weather sucks!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leon said:
Hey Jeff,,, Are you one of the lucky ones that got caught in that ice storm.
I seen alittle bit about it on the news, but didn't catch were it was at...
Hope ya get back up & run'n soon...
Good Luck!
? ? ? ? ? ? YEA , LEON; TREES down all over here, power come back a little early, But now they're calling for 6 hours of ICE tonite again.? :( SO, I may wake up to no power again. I just got done throwing all my meat from the freezer out back for the animals. AT LEAST their benifiting? ;D THANKS FOR THE WELL WISHES? :)

C

Charles,Oak Island

shorts and t shirts at the beach today, 74 degrees.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Hey Jeff, if you can read this save your receipts for the food. 2 yr. ago here, FEMA came in and reimbursed for lost food. chainsaws, even port. generators cause some of us were w/o power for up to 10 days. Was rough trying to read W&E with candles. Iced limb came down and jerked weatherhead off house. Took our area about 3 mo. to get rid of all the broken trees & limbs.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tip STONEY. Hope it dosn't get that bad here. 10 days ? I dont think I could last that long not hitting this site. WONDER IF THEY'D REMBURSE ME FOR "Pain & Suffering"? ;D

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Don't know about pain and suffering unless you go out around trees w/o hardhat! Some of them come down w/o warning! :-[Good Luck-by the way my name is also Jeff but Stoney will do.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELL ROUND 2 is here. Trees Dropping all over around me. just waiting & wondering when the Powerlines are gonna get hit again. EVERYTHING has an INCH or better of ice on it :( ... IF you see my little YAHOO SMILEY above my Profile button go gray, I'm DOWN AGAIN? ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a SCHUYLKILL COUNTY SCENE. Clearing the tracks

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 60

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Just be careful. We had 2 people die in our ice storm, one had tree limb hit him, the other accidently cut a limb w/blood in it while cutting wood limb-slipped on the ice and didn't have a partner to help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread