Detector(s) used
Whites VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

sofia

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2012
I have a White's Eagle 2SL. It's a great machine with the little 600 coil on it. It goes deep and finds tons of silver. We haven't found any gold with it though. I think we might be doing something wrong, though. ( If anybody knows, please let me know!)
Anyway, we have an Excal 2 and this little guy, and we use the White's on the beach and for relic hunting.

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
My Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl is a great relic hunting detector, but it has lots of manual adjustments (which is why its very good for this purpose), and as a result, a fairly steep learning curve. You often see these fairly cheap. It's also good on coins, and rings. 6.8 Khz.

Most general purpose detectors are poor for finding small gold - oddly enough, I had a Tesoro Campadre (very inexpensive detector) which was great at finding small gold items (as long as you don't have highly mineralized soils). The Tesoro was sent to a friend in the UK as a gift (things are very expensive there) and he is having good luck with it.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XLT was the top Whites detector for years and you can't really go wrong with it. I would not go for the earlier versions purely on the weight/balance side of things. Plus you can still get the XLT repaired easily. If you are worried about the number of menu's then the 5900 or 6000 Di Pro SL provides similar or in some hands better performance but with conventional knobs and switches.

The weakpoint is on wet salt beaches especially if there's black sand but the same applies to most single frequency detectors not just Whites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions