Wont be treasure hunting/detecting for a while

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Won't be treasure hunting/detecting for a while

Been busy finished my restoration on my 1962 Dole Pacer Coca Cola Fountain Dispenser, so I havent been on here much. I wont be doing much detecting because my sister and dad both work, im on summer vacation, and there are no places to detect here in town. I've already detected most of themm, and got every single thing that shows up out of the ground. Tips?

Upvote 0

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isnt iowa full of old small towns to detect?

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea, but can't get rides anywhere because my dad and sister both work during the day

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're young and I'm sure you have a bicycle that you cab tool around in. Why not combine exercise and metal detecting. I'm sure you're capable of peddling 20 miles round trip. I would get a local map, compass, and measure out 3 circles 10, 20, 25 miles and see what areas you can reach by bike :thumbsup:

You might as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone :laughing7:

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
DeWitt

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The weather has been ok up here, need some rain. This weekend is horrible, too hot. I am getting a Mountain Bike this week so Im going to start doing door knocking. Still a little weary, but the worse they could say is no, its just going to be awkward

May 21, 2012
Hopkinsville, KY
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Garrett's Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was going to ask but when its real dry its kills there grass so I let them know when I ask.

Have you watched any videos about cutting a plug so that you do much less damage to the grass? It takes some practice, as I know too well, but if you practice and learn how to do it, you will get many more "Yes" answers, I would think, because you won't have to mention that it will kill the grass. People are particular about their lawns...you could even say (after practice) that it shouldn't kill any grass, because you aren't technically digging, but cutting a plug, that is replaced, with minimal to zero damage to the grass, hopefully.

greatwhitetailhorns

Jun 5, 2012
Yes but at the time zero moisture I mean none barely get the plug cut. I'm going today got 4 inches of rain last night can cut good horseshoe plugs with no damage. Thanks the best way is one slit and a pop with coins under 2 inches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread