Local detecting

cornell349

May 21, 2012
So I just started in metal detecting and so far really enjoy it even though I ain't had much luck. I purchased some books on history around my area and researched on the net. Anyone have any tips on asking people to metal detect on their property, I don't wanna do like American diggers and just go knocking on random doors and fill their head of crap and say they are gna be rich

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Print some business cards with your phone number and mention that you will try to find lost items. Ask friends and neighbors if you can detect their property after you have learned to retrieve a coin with out being able to tell where you dug one up. Use a screw driver for popping the coin out of the ground and only cut a plug when you aren't friends with the owner. Show owner all the trash you picked up. Get the book by Garrett called, Sucessful Coin Hunting. It will tell you spots you would never think of on your own.

OP
OP
C

cornell349

May 21, 2012
Ok thanks I appreciate it, I got me a pin pointer so that should help some

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread