BH Tracker IV Face Plate/Cover Text Error?!

TCosbyJr

Jun 3, 2012
Bedford, IN
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro Outlaw, BH Tracker IV, HF MD6008
Ex: White's Coinmaster Pro, BH Discovery 3300, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am doing some simple mods to my new Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, and I had the face plate/cover off and noticed something strange.

Look at the sensitivity knob in the picture below of my MD, and you will notice it is spelled Sentisitivity. It has a extra "ti" in the spelling of sensitivity as Sentisitivity. :laughing7:

I tried finding others that have the same misspelt face plate/cover on Google Images but never found a single one. Anyone else seen this before?

HPIM4625.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's collectible!

OP
OP
TCosbyJr

TCosbyJr

Jun 3, 2012
Bedford, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Perhaps, knowing my luck it is - especially now that I disconnected the meter and had it apart :BangHead:

I picked up my BH Tracker IV from Hobby Lobby in Bloomington, Indiana (last one they had in stock). So I'm not sure what is going on but it is rather strange. I sent a picture to the Bounty Hunter company along with a short description to see what they had to say - If I hear anything I'll post the response here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TCosbyJr

TCosbyJr

Jun 3, 2012
Bedford, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I received a e-mail from Bounty Hunter about the text error - It is a error of just a "couple hundred units" though I doubt the treasure is the collectability of the metal detector than the treasure it can find. :D

Here is the e-mail I received....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Bounty Hunter Metal Detectors. Thank you for the picture and for taking the time to send it to us, this is an old Tracker IV and unfortunately it was our mistake. This happened several years ago but have taken care of it since. It was only a couple hundred units that had this spelling error. Though the unit performance is not affected by this. Once again thank you for the picture. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Rubi Martinez
Customer Service
First Texas Products
Bounty Hunter | Night Owl Optics | Teknetics
1465-H Henry Brennan Dr., El Paso, TX 79936

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread