Garret Propointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Make sure whatever headphones you buy they cover the sound range your detector will put out. In other words on my xterra 505 a quarter is a loud high pitch sound but my headphones range doesn't go high enough so all the high pitch sounds are mid range sounds out of my headphones.

Last edited:

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the Auvio 33-283 Wireless Headset with my E-trac. They are lightweight and not as hot as regular headphones. I get no delay and the sound is decent and they are nice and loud. I was lucky to get a couple of sets at Radio Shack on clearance before they discontinued them. If you can find someone selling some they work pretty good. I have seen some posts about other brands but have no experience with them.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I forgot to say what kind mine were, creative cb2530, they are awesome for music but horrible for metal detecting

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Auvio 33-283

I have heard a lot of good things about those headphones

hacksaw

Greenie
May 17, 2012
pescadore said:
I use the Auvio 33-283 Wireless Headset with my E-trac. They are lightweight and not as hot as regular headphones. I get no delay and the sound is decent and they are nice and loud. I was lucky to get a couple of sets at Radio Shack on clearance before they discontinued them. If you can find someone selling some they work pretty good. I have seen some posts about other brands but have no experience with them.

How much were they at the shack?

OP
OP
Ground Inspector

Ground Inspector

Feb 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
18" Excelerator Coil
Minelab CTX 3030
06 Smart Coil
17 Smart Coil
Garret Propointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks! I'll keep looking. I have heard good things about the TDK wr700. Most others have a tower, which I don't want-not portable. I believe the TDK covers all tones.

OP
OP
Ground Inspector

Ground Inspector

Feb 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
18" Excelerator Coil
Minelab CTX 3030
06 Smart Coil
17 Smart Coil
Garret Propointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've also heard good things about the Sennheiser RS 160. Any thoughts on either of those?

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any that employ "Kleer Technology" will work w/o delay. That is why so many are using the Auvio's and TDK's. As far as I know the Sennheiser's also do, but the price is less attractive.

OP
OP
Ground Inspector

Ground Inspector

Feb 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
18" Excelerator Coil
Minelab CTX 3030
06 Smart Coil
17 Smart Coil
Garret Propointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just got the Auvio from radio shack. Works great with my iPod. Can't wait to try it during the next metal detecting trip.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummm...Kleer does have a delay. Its minimal but if you swing a fast detector you will notice it. TDK's don't like silent search...they shut off after 3 minutes if they don't hear any audio. The work fine with threshold machines like the Minelab sovereign, but they need an inline volume control to limit the input else it will overdrive the phones and distort the signal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread