What are the best spots in parks? (Tot Lot, Basketball, Baseball, Bleachers, etc)

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have quite a number of parks around me, and some of them are very large. I am wanting to hit the most likely spots first, but I am not sure what those would be. So far I have had decent luck at Basketball courts, just near the net on the perimeter. Seems a lot of people put change down because they don't want it jingling in their pocket, and it gets knocked into the grass near the net.

I also hit an outdoor sand volleyball court, and got a few coins on that.

I hit a *really* old Banyan tree, must be 125-150 years old, got a number of things there.

I have not hit any of the baseball / softball diamonds, tennis courts, racquetball courts, soccer fields, etc.

Bleachers sounds obvious, and I have a 4" sniper coil for a BH505 that may prove handy there.

In the tot lot I found a few coins at the bottom of the slides, where anything that rolls down the slide would naturally land.

I found a couple coins near benches for people to sit.

I am looking for other ideas from others on here.

Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You seem to have the parks figured out. I might add to look for old pics of the park in your local library. Sometimes they move certain items, like swings and gym sets. Ask some of the older locals where the horseshoe pits used to be. Most parks don't have pits today. Also, look for slight rises of about 4 to 6 feet especially if the parks hosts fireworks displays. If you are in snow country, try the top 1/3 and bottom of all hills. Good luck. TTC

1320Fastback

Apr 21, 2012
Oceanside, Ca
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First spot I hit are swing sets. Have found a large number of coins in the path of the swings out about 5'.

Second are any kind of monkey bars where kids would hang upside down.

Third would be volley ball courts.

Fourth is the playground and slide

Fifth is pick nick tables.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread