getting a v3 whites

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try looking up magic's program on the White's forum I know for a fact he can get those deep targets and he really know the V3. There is a really big learning curve on that detector so it may take some time to get the best of what it has to offer, I would say get out as much as you can to get alot of hours put in on the V3. HH

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your getting the V3 send it in for the upgrade so you can use the stereo mixed mode option for maximum depth (you also get the pod screws fix done for no extra charge). Also the 10 x 12 inch SEF coil is a real improvement.
My only warning with these models is that if your not using the adjustments/settings of a XLT or DFX to the full then the V models are not likely to be used to their maximum potential.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck U. K Brian. I just saw kellyco Selling a "used" V-3, I hear they are good. Good luck... Goldentruth.

OP
OP
G

greatwhitetailhorns

Jun 5, 2012
Dam thing is all over the place if it was not so much money I would bust it in half. Beeps constantly think it might be broke

OP
OP
G

greatwhitetailhorns

Jun 5, 2012
Update some in my whole yard makes my machine go crazy no problem with my xlt. Found 1919 wheaty a old brass key a charm and some clad starting to get the hang of it.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The programme your using could be using a frequency thats being affected by EMI in your area. If you have tried a few and the problem remains then there could be a problem with the detector or the coil. I had a bad DD coil from new as did others. I would get Whites to check it out and have the upgrade.

OP
OP
G

greatwhitetailhorns

Jun 5, 2012
Think about getting different coil
Found out to block 91 and up helps a lot at old house development. Only one 1945 wheaty rest new money think it is going to take some time sending in for upgrade probally winter don't want to be without detector

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you should block 91 and up a silver half comes in at 93 on my detector and silver dollar is 94. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions