Detecting grave yards

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1. Bad idea to begin with.
2. Most Cemeteries have a committee or administrator who will become a major problem for you if they find you out. City cemeteries sometimes fall under the Parks Dept, whom, when I got my permit, warned me that cemeteries are OFF LIMITS. ( I didnt ask....they made sure I was informed)

Personal history on this.... I have not detected an actual cemetery, but I have had cemetery committee come over to neighboring public property and misrepresent his authority to run me off simply because I was within 100 yards of his cemetery.

I promise you.... you will be the only person that thinks it's a good idea when others get themselves involved.

thekevin

Jun 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of the really old cemeteries around here have the old one room school buildings or old one room churches on them. My grandmother went to one with me that she went to elementary school at that only had 12 kids in the whole school and showed me where they used to play and where the outhouses where. That yielded some neat finds while staying away from the cemetery portion of it. I will say that my family is on the board of directors at this particular sight, but I have also never ran into any problems with other sites like it, but I always made sure to not to bother anyone and not to detect when people were visiting.

novafinder

Mar 18, 2011
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old train tracks,swimming holes,along a river ,lakes anywhere but a graveyard

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
digging in a graveyard would be as bad of publicity as Ric Savage and his motley crew......... there's plenty of other areas to hunt

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enough answers posted already on the current threads on this subject, before it degrades thread is being locked.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread