Thank God for "BML Land", (Bureau of Land Management).

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just walked into the office & bought a map from the U.S. Department of the interior Bureau of Land Management (About 4 Bucks). As of still now here in Northern California we are FREE to Metal detect on B.M.L. land! This Public land is Open to Prospect & Metal Detect. Here we can "Stake a Claim"/register this land if we find a gold bearing area! (One of the freedoms we still have). An interesting thing I saw in the BLM Office behind a class case is a prestoric rock which has old carvings on it from the cave man from the French Gulch Area which later in 1949 the French & Chineese Miners took over 3 million Dollars of Gold out in 3 years!
The Map I Bought shows the BML land and the land which is State Park Land and Private Land we are not allowed to prospect. This Covers our "1949 Gold Fields" of Shasta County, Northern California and French Gulch and West toward Weaverville. The weather is now clear from rain and it is getting warmer into the high 90's.
If you all ever make it over here drop me a message for contact. Good Luck prospecting/Metal detecting...Goldentruth.

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just be careful. You took a first step. Those maps do not show current gold claims. You cannot just go detect BLM land. You must determine if it is an active claim first. All gold claims must be registered with the BLM And the County the claim lies within. I know you are excited, but do your due diligence before you go detecting. Big Gold to you!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey GT, When I'm up that way, I'll get in contact. BLM rules clearly state that metadetectors are allowed. Good deal! Probably added due to a previous lawsuit. TTC

OP
OP
goldentruth

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks terry: I forgot to mention, the worker at the BLM Office kindly gave me a printout of all the Mines "ACTIVE' AND "NON-ACTIVE". Also I knew ones I had seen and others I had wo.ndered if they were expired and clamable. I am carefull not to go on anothers claim and I can't afford the fines too! I am carefull... Thanks, goldentruth

OP
OP
goldentruth

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry C. Thanks for the reply. I had replied to Terry Soloman of the Helpfull BLM worker who printed me a read-out of all the active mine claims and it does show the expired mine claims which can be re-Claimed! What i really like is a Expired Claim can be Prospected and if it has good "Signs" it can be claimed in Sacramento for only $149 a year! The BLM people welcome prospectors and metal detectorists and any people who bring revenue into the Shasta County, Northern California.
lately I have been working at a local thrift store and my German boss has a German husband who has 40 years in prospecting and has much experience in Gold Highbanking Etc. He has many stories of fortune and he goes 1 to 2 days prospecting in the middle of the week every week. It is nice hearing from you and keep in touch. Goldentruth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread