wsswesty

Greenie
Jun 5, 2012
Poca, WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello wsswesty, sounds your like your hunting is going better than mine, I also have a camp at greenbrier county that I took the detector to but did not get to detect much last time I was there, how long you been detecting and stuff, I just started

I had a Whites about 5 years ago and hunted quite a bit. I sold it because I wasn't real happy with. About a month ago i decided to get back into it since I retired. I bought a fisher f2 detector and reallly like its ease of use. So, to make a long story short, I'm not exactly a newbie but still have much to learn.

I'm really wanting to do some CW relic hunting if you guys want get together and find someplace to go.

OP
OP
C

cornell349

May 21, 2012
Yeah I would like to and maybe learn some stuff, cause I'm clueless on this stuff where I'm just starting out, I don't know of many places around here to go really, I got me a quick draw II that I'm learning how to use, not top of the line but didn't wanna put a fortune in it till.I saw how I would like it

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello fellow West Virginians!!!

I've been hunting in Putnam county in some local parks. Nothing too interesting but some clad. I also have a cabin on the Greenbrier River and have been hunting in the woods and river banks.

Maybe we should all get together and do some hunting sometime. Any interest in forming a club???

Hey do you do any detecting at the Hurricane park with the wave pool also where they have the civil war reenactment, it's a pretty big park I'm going to have to give it a try someday.

OP
OP
C

cornell349

May 21, 2012
No I can't say I have ever detected there, I'm not to far away from there though, have you done any good there

wsswesty

Greenie
Jun 5, 2012
Poca, WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never hunted at the wave pool. As a matter of fact, I've never been there... Lol. Sounds like it may be a good place to hunt if we could get permission. The reenactment site might be excellent!

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe it's a public park.

wsswesty

Greenie
Jun 5, 2012
Poca, WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Putnam county Fair in Eleanor is July 14-21. I will be going down there when the fair is over. Maybe we could all get together then. It should be good hunting!

digging wv

Sep 16, 2007
Cabin Creek
Detector(s) used
Prizm V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in southern Kanawha co. Coal camps bring up a few goodies from time to time. I've done pretty good at an old train yard that caught a huge amount of debris during a flood in the 50"s.(whole houses washed into the area) Have a few homesteads around if you know where to look. You have to dig a lot of scrap. And remember folks weren't wealthy by any means in this area. But a few neat relics do reward your patience.

OP
OP
C

cornell349

May 21, 2012
Yeah I'm in Boone and weren't no wealthy people there by any means, I ain't had a real chance to hunt lately cause of work and stuff but in a couple weeks it will be let up to where I can hunt, you made any good finds?

digging wv

Sep 16, 2007
Cabin Creek
Detector(s) used
Prizm V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was one hell of a storm cornell. Lost power and water for six days. And we were lucky it wasn't more than that!

OP
OP
C

cornell349

May 21, 2012
Yeah I didn't have power for a few days, lost my food and fridge, to bad it didn't stir up and relics to hunt

OP
OP
C

cornell349

May 21, 2012
Anyone made any good local finds lately, I ain't had time to do much hunting myself but gna start in a couple weeks on a few local spots

johnwduncan

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in southern WV and new to detecting. We recently purchased a White's Coinmaster. I am also trying to find a resource telling the establishment of the various cities and towns including unincorporated areas. A history as well as lists of people that settled / established them would be a huge help too. Thank you.

Rh2racing

Feb 24, 2013
In Fairmont here. I am hitting the local parks in hopes to find something good. I wish I could get a good relic site to hunt.

robgwv

Feb 17, 2013
west virginia
Detector(s) used
fisher f2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mason co. here. Still scout'n spots...Weathers gonna be good Sat.,Hope to get some swing'n in

johniangel

Nov 13, 2012
Ritchie County, WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Ritchie County. I just started detecting this year and I'm addicted! I found my first silver right in my front yard, a 1906 Barber quarter!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread