Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WV

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2012
    2 times

WV

Does anyone here do much detecting in WV

us
    Jun 2012
    25 times
    Metal Detecting
    I use to when I was a kid in the Marion county area "Farmington"

May 2012
    2 times
    Have much luck there

us
    Jun 2012
    25 times
    Metal Detecting
    I guess at that time we did alright sometimes.We did dig our fair share of scrap.This was in the mid 70's and we were using white's coinmaster TR and you had to dig everything in hopes to get a good target.Near the mine yard we did find older mine company tokens,brass Id tags and lots of wheaties and lots of junk.Some silvers would come up every now and then,mostly merk's it would seem.We sure could not have made a living offf our finds at that time for sure but it was good times as a kid for sure.
    Good luck to ya & happy hunting...........................................

us
    Jan 2012
    Vienna, WV
    Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Platinum, Garrett Pro Pointer
    15 times
    Metal Detecting
    I live and metal detect in WV. I hit the local schools, parks, and some private land that I have gotten permission to hunt. Since January I have found 14 rings,(9 gold,4 silver, and 1 copper), 9 silver coins, some artifacts, a lot of clad, a couple of knives, a mini mag light that actually worked right out of the ground, and some other misc. finds. I haven't hunted much in the last 6 weeks due to a foot injury, but now getting back to swinging the coil. I have a buddy I work with that also detects regularly, and he has found some civil war relecs, 2 large cents, 2 rings,(1 stainless, and 1 copper.) We both use Garrett AT Pro's, and just love the hobby! What part of WV are you in?

May 2012
    2 times
    Southern part outside Charleston, sounds like you have made some neat finds, which part you from

us
    Apr 2011
    Ohio
    Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
    185 times
    Relic Hunting
    I'm here in Huntington, WV mostly do all my metal detecting in Cabel County

us
    Jan 2012
    Vienna, WV
    Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Platinum, Garrett Pro Pointer
    15 times
    Metal Detecting
    I live in Vienna, close to the Ohio river. I just started detecting in November, and get out every chance I get. With three kids, that sometimes isn't as often as I would like. My kids all have detectors and hunt with me some, but the hot weather has detered them somewhat. It alway amazes me when I find something really cool or old where many people have detected before.

May 2012
    2 times
    I'm hunting in Boone, what kind of detectors are you all using, I ain't found much just a couple pennies and bottle caps

us
    Apr 2011
    Ohio
    185 times
    Relic Hunting
    I'm using an ace 250, I haven't found much, I've found a few civil war bullets from charleston to Fayetteville and a little silver here or there lol

May 2012
    2 times
    I got a quick draw II, trying to find some stuff just not much luck yet, its hard to find spots anymore that ain't over run with people or a business built on it

us
    Apr 2011
    Ohio
    185 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by cornell349 View Post
    I got a quick draw II, trying to find some stuff just not much luck yet, its hard to find spots anymore that ain't over run with people or a business built on it

You're right about that seems like all the places I detect have been hit hard leaving me what they missed lol

May 2012
    2 times
    No doubt, its hard to find any descent places that ain't been bull dozed or raked over by someone

us
    what hath god wrought

Feb 2009
    Gateway to the 1000 Islands
    Sometime(s)
    724 times
    tectin crap
    If it is a spot on earth, rest assured there is much tectin goin on on it. Even WV, which has tons of good spots already cleaned out.
    Federal Bureau of Governmental Redundancy Reduction Agency

us
    Jun 2012
    25 times
    Metal Detecting
    One of the good things about MDing in W.Va is that pretty much anywhere you are in the state you'll be for the most near some farmland.Lot's of farming in wv for sure and it would seem that alot of items were lost on these private properties over the many years of uses.Some local research and property owner permission and you could be on a site that has never been searched before and who knows what kind of goodies is waiting to be dug up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links