just7699

Tenderfoot
Jun 23, 2012
Elizabeth, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recieved an Ace 250 last christmas as a retirement gift. I have been out coin detecting approx. three times a week, every week, since the weather broke. ( march). For some reason, all I find is clad. I have yet to find a silver coin. My total finds are, approx. 50 lincoln pennies, 10 clad quarters, 7 clad dimes, and 40 million tabs, cans, caps and other garbage. Am I looking in all the wrong places? Or am I doing something wrong? Im located in s.w. Penna. There is a lot of history in this area, but I cant seem to find any of it ! H E L P !

Upvote 0

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recieved an Ace 250 last christmas as a retirement gift. I have been out coin detecting approx. three times a week, every week, since the weather broke. ( march). For some reason, all I find is clad. I have yet to find a silver coin. My total finds are, approx. 50 lincoln pennies, 10 clad quarters, 7 clad dimes, and 40 million tabs, cans, caps and other garbage. Am I looking in all the wrong places? Or am I doing something wrong? Im located in s.w. Penna. There is a lot of history in this area, but I cant seem to find any of it ! H E L P !

I'd say what you are doing wrong is not just enjoying the hobby. Seriously a lot of good ideas posted here and I am sure the silver will come. For the record I have about as much clad as you and no silver coins yet, but I have a had great time learning and now am fighting the urge to drop some more cash to get a nice land machine in the fall(probably an e-trac).

Enjoy and happy hunting.

Pete

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry Soloman pretty much covered it all. EXCEPT... change (67) piles of scraped soil at construction sites to.... (67) the area the scraped soil CAME FROM. Because they scraped the top away, you are about 5 inches closer to the old stuff that was not registering before the scrape! TTC

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all the Pa. posters/Metal detectors in here you would think that there is nothing left to find in this fine state!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread