Teknetics Delta 4000 HELP...

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I could use some tips and or some advise on my machine. I live in North Mississippi, here the soil is mostly red clay. It makes digging targets very difficult, almost like trying to dig in concrete. I noticed that my Delta doesn't get that much depth, maybe 4 to 5 inches on most coin sized targets. Sometimes when I'm scanning an area I'll get a beep and the machine will show that it's a target like a dime at 8+ inches but it will only beep one time. I will then make a few passes over the area with the coil and get a faint beep and then nothing and then another beep then nothing and then the signals just stop.Would that be a false signal that I'm hearing or is it a deep target that I should be digging? It's a real pain in the butt to dig deep holes here. Thanks in advance for any help...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

soughtseven1035

Tenderfoot
Jul 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am having the same problems. Don't give up. It's just a matter of learning the machine. I use Disc. Mode all of the time and use a high sensitivity A1 mode to confirm target. Seems to work well for me.

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The delta is a great machine for the price. I have hit coins at seven and eight inches before. If the ground is that hard there may not be many deeper signals in a lot of areas. Here there is a lot of top soil and easier to dig.....Sometimes if you bump your coil against the ground or hit a root the detector will give a false signal....

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Southhaven? Hornlake? Olive Branch? I'm in T- county but work in Memphis. Been looking for someone to hunt with lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread