wwII p.o.w. camp in new mexico

jdbandit

Jun 6, 2012
roswell new mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
187.JPG 186.JPG 185.JPG

found an old spoon, has german markings and there were germans housed at this pow camp

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jdbandit

Jun 6, 2012
roswell new mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks diggit, i researched it a bit and found that they came in a kit with a fork, knife and can opener. too bad it wasnt complete. i also found a couple us army coat buttons, the camp was turned into base houseing after the p.o.w's were cleared out, so i heard

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a cool site to hunts.Should be all kinds of goodies there to dig up.Good luck & happy hunting................

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see cool stuff comming from New Mexico.
Nice Find! :icon_thumright:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Hey, nice find. There's quite a collectible market, if I'm not mistaken, for WWII relics with nazi emblems on them. It might have some value.

Oh, and I think that ebay has some sort of ban though (unfortunately) on nazi memorabilia. There was a lot of buying and selling years ago of collectibles (badges, accoutraments, buckles, etc... of that period) going on in the past. But apparently some politically correct folk complained that there were skin-heads or some such promotion of insensitivity, or ..... for some reason, you may not be able to sell in that venue.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I were you I'd be out there looking for that fork and knife right now :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread