Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

May 2012
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Need help about a Metal Detector please

Im thinking about acquiring a Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200. Can anyone tell me if this is a good detector? Any info on it would be appreciated. I already have a Whites coinmaster, and Im just wondering which is better between the two. I like the fact that the 2200 has different tones for different types of metal. The coinmaster doesnt do that. Thanks guys and gals.

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    1997 times
    I should probably not answer this as I have a low opinion about Bounty Hunters reliability. There are other better detectors out there that have tones to help id the target. Most of these can lie to you if you are only like digging high tones that are coins, but they miss coins on edge or ones that might have more than one target under the coil.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    It's dangerous to be right when those with a thimbleful of perceived authority are wrong.

Mar 2012
    Michigan
    White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
    121 times
    Metal Detecting
    The tones are the ONLY thing about the BH that are "better"
    That's it.

us
    Jul 2010
    Central Florida
    A Propointer tied to a stick
    25 times
    Metal Detecting
    If you were to suggest a price range, you would likely get some good recommendations.

Some love their Bounty Hunters, but the majority end up moving beyond them very quickly.

Charter Member
    cr
    Detecting fever comes and goes.

Jun 2012
    San Jose
    Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
    140 times
    Metal Detecting and Ham Radio
    I have had the bounty hunter platinum that is suposed to be the best BH out there ever made. Well it was a good detector, I liked it, but I use whites now and I wouldn't trade a white detector for a BH. Now they aren't even close in their price range, and in it's own price range BH are very good. It is a starters detector that is for sure, you start with a BH and than if you like the hobby you will probably move on to a better detector.

us
    Aug 2011
    Riverside CA
    Current: Minelab X Terra 505, Fisher F2, Fisher & Centech Pinpointers, Lesche. Owned: Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whites GMZ, Fisher New Gold Bug, BH Fortune Hunter
    174 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kywildcat View Post
    Im thinking about acquiring a Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200. Can anyone tell me if this is a good detector? Any info on it would be appreciated. I already have a Whites coinmaster, and Im just wondering which is better between the two. I like the fact that the 2200 has different tones for different types of metal. The coinmaster doesnt do that. Thanks guys and gals.
    If you want to find good stuff (gold jewelry, coins, etc.) then it's Tesoro Compadre all the way! You only have one tone so there's less confusion, also it has great discrimination (did I mention it likes small gold?). Remember the different tones are still a guess, so the guys who dig it all usually find the best stuff! The Compadre is only $160 and it has a LIFETIME WARRANTY! Google Compadre and you will see many great finds and reviews. I dont think there is a better detector for the price. Good luck
    "We all have the right to find people's lost items and claim them as our own"
    Peggy Hill

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors